R6 Vegas, best damn SP story...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R6 Vegas, best damn SP story...

Man o man... just completely finished the single player story in Rainbow Six Vegas, was stuck on the last objective for almost a week...

IMO, was the best damn story in the series so far.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: R6 Vegas, best damn SP story...

I'm stuck in Dante's Theater, the guys keep crashing the computer, or I end up dieing everytime, even playing on normal is tough.

Comment

yea that part was the hardest of the game i thought undead. I literally took me like 30 tries. You just gotta be fast takin people out and hope your other guy doesnt die and contributes a lot too. Its really hit or miss.

Comment

The part I am having trouble with right now is on the dam where Jung has to access the dam controls outside. As soon as this happens, guys with LOTS of grenades (that all say "Fuzzy" on them) come running out of hangers and rush me and Jung. I've gotten to the point where I can handle the guys who come from the rear and then take out about 2/3 of the tangos rushing Jung, but they always seem to take him out before I can kill them all. If I rush forward and try to nade them in groups, they always end up nadeing me back. I've only tried it about 6 or 7 times, but I'm already frustrated. lol. Any tips??

Comment

Originally posted by undead77 View Post
          I'm stuck in Dante's Theater, the guys keep crashing the computer, or I end up dieing everytime, even playing on normal is tough.
          I remember this part and it was kinda tough (took me about three tries). I was able to do it with the scout tactical sniper rifle though. I just hid behind a crate and sniped tangos as they popped up in the balcony seats. Once those were down, a few grenades and sniper shots into the regular seating area cleared the rest out. As with a few other scenarios in the game, I suspect the key is just to keep trying till you get it rather then adhering to any sort of "special" strategy.

Comment

Fuzzy... use alot of smoke... you cover the left side where Jung is hacking into the gate control, and your other guy will cover right...

Just pop a smoke over there to cover him, pop one to cover you, and use the third if you have it to pop at your feet when **** hits fan... you'll then be instructed to move up by yourself...2 tangos up there and Irene in booth... good luck.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Wow, thanks Magnum. That sounds like a great approach to use. I hadn't even though of it to be honest. The only problem is that my standard loadout was three frags and three incendiaries, so I am unsure if there is an accessable equipment locker in the general area. I can try going back to the main control room and looking there. I think I remember one but am not sure... hmm.. gotta check. Thanks again.

Comment

yes, right before you enter that big room...the last save point theres a equipment case there... before entering that warehouse area.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  Man o man... just completely finished the single player story in Rainbow Six Vegas, was stuck on the last objective for almost a week...

IMO, was the best damn story in the series so far.
                  Until they actually make an R6 title that sticks straight to the novel that is its namesake. From what I can tell, this never happened.

I want to play the World Park mission!!!!

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
                    Until they actually make an R6 title that sticks straight to the novel that is its namesake. From what I can tell, this never happened.

I want to play the World Park mission!!!!
                    The problem is that almost all the engagements in the book last for about 5 seconds. Not much fun to play in a computer game.

Also, the book sucked. So there's that.

Comment

The book was really good. The missions were short because it's not a video game. Most of the excitement was the build up to the engagement.

Most of R6: Vegas is running around killing terrorists. There weren't too many situations where a hostage had to be saved or a bomb disarmed. We're supposed to be in Vegas and there's barely a soul in sight. No innocent bystanders still trying to leave the scene. Why is this? It's more fun to just shoot stuff.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Just nabbed it for my brand spankin new (and working) 360 and I'm loving it... it's actually too good. See, now I'm torn between finishing off G.R.A.W. and finishing off R6.

Thanks Magnum... now that you've convinced me to buy a 360, I think my PC time is going to suffer :P
                        -

Comment

I did the first few missions and then got sucked into Multiplayer T-Hunt. Now that I'm hearing about the difficulty of the storyline, I'm actually glad I haven't jumped into a Multiplayer Story Mode game yet.

I think I'll try to finish out the SP on my own before doing it with other players...you guys make it sound like a challenge...and I'm liking that.
                          |TG-9th| Prophaniti

Blood and Honor, The Journal of a 9th MID Soldier

Comment

Yeah, I've been playing some Terrorist Hunt aswell, unfortunately I get terrible pings with this game, so it's hard finding a server.

Funny though, GRAW has no problems at all. :/

Look me up sometime;
                            Clodhopper82

We'll see if we can't get a terrorist hunt going

*EDIT* Should mention I'm talking about playing these games on the xbox360, on xbox live.
                            Last edited by Clodhopper; 02-12-2007, 08:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something.
                            -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X