Role to take on....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Role to take on....

I havent really found what role I am best in with BF, I can hang with any of them I think, but I want to specialize. What role are we lacking in as a team when we play. Is there a role no one ever plays? I'll pick that one up and run with it. Maddog has sniping covered, when Apo is in there he's got the support thing going, and stay away if he's not on your team. Anyway, if you guys think there is a role that needs to be picked up I'm on it, if not I'm just going to keep switching until I find one I like.

On a side note, I'm not sure why I felt like posting so much today ;)

ACU Web| | |

Re: Role to take on....

Originally posted by wwwMEMORYnet
    Maddog has sniping covered
    Thanks for the voye of confidence wwwMemory :D ,BUT I think Fait is a much better sniper :icon_lol: than I am and he is an excellent chopper pilot :icon14: . If you want my advice / 2cents worth, just pick something you like and work on it til you have it down, then pick one at a time to work on until you have them all down. I personally just grab what I think I need at each spawn, so I can hunt down Fait and kill him or atleast atempt too.....hehehe :D

J/K Fait, I enjoy our BATTLES as well as work teamwork :icon12:

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
      I personally just grab what I think I need at each spawn
      thats what I have been doing too...

Fait is good, thats why it feels so good to stinger his chopper hahahah
      (I'm only provoking you so that next time we are enemies it will be that much more heated)

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
        Thanks for the voye of confidence wwwMemory :D ,BUT I think Fait is a much better sniper :icon_lol: than I am and he is an excellent chopper pilot :icon14: . If you want my advice / 2cents worth, just pick something you like and work on it til you have it down, then pick one at a time to work on until you have them all down. I personally just grab what I think I need at each spawn, so I can hunt down Fait and kill him or atleast atempt too.....hehehe :D

J/K Fait, I enjoy our BATTLES as well as work teamwork :icon12:
        You both make me feel real loved.. I'm not that good. My game has improved since I got my computer upgraded from a 950 to a 2500+ but there are people here who still seriously spank me. I am #5 on the server stats though!!

I get lucky more than anything... Ask Killer about the .50 cal sniper rifle last night running up to the boat on "docks". HEHEHE

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about a particular role. You'll find that some roles are better on certain maps in certain areas. For example some maps are armor heavy so playing anti-armor or support works well.

I look at a couple things when picking a role...
          1) Map
          2) Where I'm spawning (near a vehicle or in open area?)
          3) What I'm planning to do (defend / attack) (i.e. mine a bridge)
          4) How many teammates are in the area
          5) How many of that role already exists (do we have enough stingers? too many snipers? no one to repair tanks?)

You'll learn how to decide quickly. I tend to stick with three roles... Support, Anti-armor and special ops. I rarely am anything else.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
            You'll learn how to decide quickly. I tend to stick with three roles... Support, Anti-armor and special ops. I rarely am anything else.
            Ditto and for the same reasons...

Play 'em all so that you know their capabilities then you can decide which class would be most effective in a particular situation. Personally, if I'm going to be on foot I'll go with specops. If I'm in armor, I'll go support. And I only grab anti armor when specifically needed to take out air or ground vehicles. Occasionally I'll go with sniper or rifleman, but only if I specifically need to...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Fait_Maker
              You both make me feel real loved.. I'm not that good. My game has improved since I got my computer upgraded from a 950 to a 2500+ but there are people here who still seriously spank me. I am #5 on the server stats though!!

I get lucky more than anything... Ask Killer about the .50 cal sniper rifle last night running up to the boat on "docks". HEHEHE
              Yeah and I had heavy artillery and shot him point blank with about 4 rounds. He pulls once, bang, I'm dead. However, I have gotten even a couple times. And I quote, "You ruined a perfectly good helicopter."

Personally, I like playing on the same team as Fait vs. against him. I don't die as much by his hand.

OK now we have to stop this nonsense about Fait otherwise there won't be enough bandwidth for the rest of us by the time he uploads his ego. :)

I agree with the other posts and would add: As long as there is teamwork and communication, the role is secondary.

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
                Yeah and I had heavy artillery and shot him point blank with about 4 rounds. He pulls once, bang, I'm dead. However, I have gotten even a couple times. And I quote, "You ruined a perfectly good helicopter."

Personally, I like playing on the same team as Fait vs. against him. I don't die as much by his hand.

OK now we have to stop this nonsense about Fait otherwise there won't be enough bandwidth for the rest of us by the time he uploads his ego. :)

I agree with the other posts and would add: As long as there is teamwork and communication, the role is secondary.
                For the record, the quote is Billy Bob... about my copter :(

Really.. no ego here. To many people on this server keep me in my place. You'd see my stats drop if they'd play more..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X