RvS\Dial-Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RvS\Dial-Up

Is Ranven Sheild dial-up friendly? I have some money and I was going to buy it...but decided to ask before hand......

Thanks,
    Q

"These are dangerious times we live in" NewsWrthy

Re: RvS\Dial-Up

I'm not sure how great it is to play on dial-up but I do know you will experience trigger lag. Some feel it on broadband and get annoyed.

I would say spend some time downloading and testing the MP demo. If you can't take the lag, then you've saved some dough.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I tried playin it on a dial-up connection (when on vacation) and quit the server within five minutes. Trigger lag is not fun. It keeps you wondering if your mouse is broken or asking yourself if you actually pressed the trigger, so you click a few more times. Then you get your answer from the gun finally firing when you duck behind a wall and bullets hit the wall in front of you, or your teammate... LOL. Not enjoyable.

When i was playing on my dial-up i was on a 26k line and my ping was around 250. Mind you i was at least 300 miles away from any gaming server. I'm sure you could find some servers closer to you that you would ping alot lower and it might be bearable.

I would also suggest tryin the demo and see what conclusion you come up with.

But the Single Player Campaign is wicked, I would buy the game for that alone.

thats my $.02
      Vir-Chew-All!!

"I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
      "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Comment

thanks for the info

"These are dangerious times we live in" NewsWrthy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed