Coop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coop

What is the point of online COOP? I think its just a way for people who care about stats to get a whole bunch of kills. ... I jumped in a COOP game last night, I have to say....

COOP = the gheyness.....

Does anyone here play COOP? Am I missing some benefit to playing it?

ACU Web| | |

Re: Coop

:icon_eek:
    sigpic
    I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker
      :icon_eek:
      do you play COOP? Strong opinion I had I know. But that how i percieved it. I guess mainly because there is no way that the bots are a challenge to decent players. They are just targets that dont shoot back 1/2 the time.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by wwwMEMORYnet
        do you play COOP? Strong opinion I had I know. But that how i percieved it. I guess mainly because there is no way that the bots are a challenge to decent players. They are just targets that dont shoot back 1/2 the time.
        Co-op is a way for players to shoot bots and make themselves think they're good players. Problem is, of course, bots don't think like a human opponant. They're dumb and unchallenging. I have a feeling the AI was turned down on the servers you played on. If you crank the AI up, it'll test your CPU, and they definitely become a bit more aggressive.

The Ghost Recon community here, however, has quite a following for co-op. For a while there were quite a few mission makers that would come up with quite imaginative missions that creatively used terrain features, vehicles and bots to make a challenging mission.

I don't see how they play them over and over again, though... No challenge, IMO. Just a test to see if your aim is better than the bots. No thinking at all.
        Last edited by CingularDuality; 05-07-2004, 04:03 PM.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          Just a test to see if your aim is better than the bots. No thinking at all.
          exactly......

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by wwwMEMORYnet
            Am I missing some benefit to playing it?
            Target practice!! :D

Honestly, nobody buys BF to play it in single-player. I always thought UT's AI was great but I tried out Onslaught and it looks like our current AI programming can't grasp complex gametypes.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
              Target practice!! :D

Honestly, nobody buys BF to play it in single-player. I always thought UT's AI was great but I tried out Onslaught and it looks like our current AI programming can't grasp complex gametypes.
              We're talking about multiplayer co-op here, right?

Anyway, Onslaught is kinda like the "push" mode of gameplay, right? I would think that having the AI work towards whatever base is the current objective would be fairly easy to add to the regular AI...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X