• S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

Man, I hope this is worth the wait.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/759/759444p1.html
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Stalker

it will be but i think its more of a survival FPS than RPG. I have a countdown to release on my desktop :D

Comment

wow, its finally coming out

Comment

This is a cruel joke master-minded by Bill Gates I tells you!

Why Bill? He seems to looove to mess with gamers.
        -

Comment

Would the trade system and buying system count as "rpg" aspects? Snail is probably more right though, a survival FPS.

Either way, ive been tracking this game for years now and cannot wait to get it. I read somewhere that the game has well over 60 hours of gameplay, and even then you'll want to start over and play again.

Comment

exactly...nothing ever plays the same way twice. The AI in this game is so random that you really have to be on your toes and act how you would in RL. So yea, it has massive amounts of replayability.

Oh, did i mention there's 7 endings, 2 true and 5 false? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Fileplanet
              "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Beta soon coming to FilePlanet Subscribers"
              Ive been following this game loosely, can't wait for the beta.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
              [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
              [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

definitely looking forward to this.

Comment

Snail, do you know what they mean by 2 true and 5 false endings? Seems kind of vague, or did they do that on purpose?

Comment

it all depends on how you play the game. If you do quests and the like towards finding out who you really are and the purpose of it all (from what ive read), you get the "true" endings. The false endings i assume are from playing recklessly, killing everything in site, not taking heed to the other stalkers, etc. Not that its wrong, per se, but it wont be a "true ending". Although with so many endings, you know youre gonna wanna play through it again and again, doing different things to see the different endings.

Comment

Re: S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

if anyone wants to see some real footage of the game in VERY high quality check here -

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_3557_en.html

Its like 800 mb but it downloads fast and its very worth it. Minor spoilers but its really not that bad. Its great to finally see this game in real time. Make notice of the comments they make...i agree with them 100% on the atmosphere. You really feel "there"

Comment

Cool, thanks for the link. I'll check that out later. I really do hope this game is worth it. When was this announced, '03? How do the graphics look on very high Snail? I need something to feed my graphics card.

Comment

Its not crysis, but i would compare it to HL2 but with a lot more detail. Its not gonna kill your card but itll give it a nice workout. Especially with the lighting and shadows. For having been announced such a long time ago the graphics arent bad at all.

Comment

Stalker isnt scripted at all in that you can do whatever the hell you want. Theres probably not many other FPS that can compare like that to Stalker. FarCry is the closest I can think of. Even though each map was scripted as far as what the end objective was, you could do it in a ton of different ways and the maps were gigantic.

Comment

true, but i really think stalker goes WAY farther than far cry in terms of go wherever you want, do whatever you want. In far cry, the enemies were always in the same spot every time you played. Thats not how its supposed to be in stalker. Far Crys levels were huge and still are huge compared to similar games, however stalker's world is just GIGANTIC. I think i read somewhere its roughly 30 square kilometers. Think oblivion with guns and mutants.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X