A game to come from BFS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A game to come from BFS

As a premier online community for mature gamers, I thought that this community would be especially interested in this new project. For those that played the original Tom Clancy games (Rainbow Six, Rouge Spear, and the original Ghost Recon), this is exciting news. Jon Sonedecker is a game developer who worked with Red Storm Entertainment during this Golden Age of Tactical Shooters. He eventually broke off and formed his own company called Blackfoot Studios. Until recently, BFS had mainly done outsourcing work for bigger development teams. However, their new project (unnamed) is turning heads of the people who once so loved the Tom Clancy Franchise that has since been straying away from its glorious beginings to focus on console game development.

Word of this project begain on the GR.net forums, and recieved a large audience of those interested in the project. Now, after weeks of teasers, hints, and other things (and a suggestion by your's truely), BFS has opened up a forum on their website to compile the discussion of this to-be-named game in one place. To the fan of the tactical shooter genre, this is a sight for sore eyes. Check it out at their website: www dot blackfootstudios dot com for more information. (No URL due to the under 15 posts rule, although I've browsed this sight before)

Everything is still in the early stages of development, so not everything is clear at this point, and the image teasers are understandibly very rough. However, what is sure is that this game will harkin back to the Golden Age of Tactial Shooters, and in the words of Jon Sonedecker himself: "Will fill the void" that is present in the world of shooters. It is great also that the development team is directly communicating to the public about the game and is open about basic aspects about the game, but at the same time, not giving too much away.

Re: A game to come from BFS

http://www.blackfootstudios.com/foru...p?showtopic=10

Hmmm, looks like it might fit in nicely here at TG!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

While browsing another forum for some information on Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, I stumbled upon a thread regarding BlackFoot Studios. It seems the “to-be-named” title Hacksaww mentioned is Ground Branch and focuses on a paramilitary group of the CIA. PanicZoom.com recently conducted an interview with John Sonedecker, BFS President, which provides some fantastic insight into the company and its vision for this title.

Comment

Your links are broken.

John Sonedecker interview

Looks like they're developing it for the 360 too. However, they're making the PC version first so I hope that means a better game for PC instead of a crappy port.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X