Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom DC Maps

Originally posted by Snipermike
    custom maps at www.gunsforhire.org log in register and downloed fast and free maybe on friday's we can scrim your freind =|GFH|=SNIPERMIKE8[SSC] out???????????????????????????????kill u in the feild
    Don't know how to go about but can an Admin check these out and see if we can get them on the sever for a change of pace. Snipemike has offered us some free custom maps from his clans website. Here's a link to their website to check the maps out.

http://gunsforhire.org/main/modules....download&cid=1

Re: Custom DC Maps

yes and he has offered a get together beers, cheers and lots of DC fun i am well up for that, just have to find my damn disk.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Go to www.gunsforhire.org . Go to dc clans register. than go back to gunsforhire and intsead of logging in to dc clans go to mapping group. Thats all u got to do :icon6:

Comment

Custom maps has been a topic of several threads here...

I personally enjoy playing custom maps, especially to get away from some of the repetition of the stock maps. However, since the server isn't strong enough in the TG community YET to make it private, we're still trying to attract the pubbies. Having custom maps makes that a little more difficult. If a public player doesn't have the map, he won't necessarily take the time to find the map, download and install it and then jump on the server. If he's already on the server for a stock map and then a custom map comes up, he'll most likely be frustrated for having been booted for not having the map.

There is then the problem of deciding which custom maps to install... how often to add / change them and having the community keep their own machines updated.

I've thought about this quite a bit since the topic keeps appearing... so here are my thoughts. Hopefully Apo will read this (are you listening Apo :D )

If server space exists, what would people think about having an additional BF server for custom maps only. This server could run both vanilla and DC maps. We could install all custom maps created by community members and then possibly vote on a few additional custom maps from outside the community. We could have TG map pack(s) for people to download and set some time frame that we will stick to the map rotation before adding new maps. I would also make this custom server for folks who register at TG (not necessarily paying members). This would have to be done to make sure folks download the map packs, read the rules and obtain the password.

Now for the problems with this...

This may still hinder us from attracting new members to play BF. If us TGers are on the custom server, the public server will be empty more often than it is now... and pubbies won't join the server, realize how great of a community this is and miss out.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Just on server if we srcim well give u the pass to get on

Comment

yes i think mad dog and asch know this snipermike, but i think mad dog is interested in getting custom maps on tg aswell.,

maybe we should try andrally support for a little friendly get together with guns for hire, might bring some of the tgers back online who are not around as much.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by asch
              Custom maps has been a topic of several threads here...

I personally enjoy playing custom maps, especially to get away from some of the repetition of the stock maps. However, since the server isn't strong enough in the TG community YET to make it private, we're still trying to attract the pubbies. Having custom maps makes that a little more difficult. If a public player doesn't have the map, he won't necessarily take the time to find the map, download and install it and then jump on the server. If he's already on the server for a stock map and then a custom map comes up, he'll most likely be frustrated for having been booted for not having the map.

There is then the problem of deciding which custom maps to install... how often to add / change them and having the community keep their own machines updated.

I've thought about this quite a bit since the topic keeps appearing... so here are my thoughts. Hopefully Apo will read this (are you listening Apo :D )

If server space exists, what would people think about having an additional BF server for custom maps only. This server could run both vanilla and DC maps. We could install all custom maps created by community members and then possibly vote on a few additional custom maps from outside the community. We could have TG map pack(s) for people to download and set some time frame that we will stick to the map rotation before adding new maps. I would also make this custom server for folks who register at TG (not necessarily paying members). This would have to be done to make sure folks download the map packs, read the rules and obtain the password.

Now for the problems with this...

This may still hinder us from attracting new members to play BF. If us TGers are on the custom server, the public server will be empty more often than it is now... and pubbies won't join the server, realize how great of a community this is and miss out.
              I disagree with the statement that pubbies would not download custom maps. When I used to play MOHAA, I played on a server that ran custom maps. If I didn't have a map, I got booted. I would then download it and log back in. It was the people on the server plus the maps that brought me back. It made the gameplay unique to some degree and also made me pick that particular server as long as there were players on the server.

I think the same would hold true for BF1942 DC. If you have enough of the stock maps, flash an in game message about custom maps, and have it posted on the TG website, I would think that would not turn away too many people. I realize that one person turned away from TG may be too many but if you like the server and the players, you will get what you need and come back.

Look at Ghost recon. There is a link on the TG site to download a file with the necessary mods to play on the TG server. Do we lose people based on that?

I do agree that there needs to be some control on how often the custom maps are changed to new ones.

Maybe I was an exception but there sure were an awful lot of pubbies on that MOHAA server that was running custom maps. That's my two cents worth.

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
                Look at Ghost recon. There is a link on the TG site to download a file with the necessary mods to play on the TG server. Do we lose people based on that?
                There are no special downloads for the Ghost Recon PUBLIC server. The Member servers are the only GR servers that require the TG3.0 mod. :icon_smil

Comment

Originally posted by +PARADOX+
                  There are no special downloads for the Ghost Recon PUBLIC server. The Member servers are the only GR servers that require the TG3.0 mod. :icon_smil

this is true dermot... pubbie server is 100% stock.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I would like to see one server with stock maps and another server with the custom maps but unless there is a spare server laying around somewhere we could add the custom maps on the server and activate them for special occasions. :icon7:

Comment

i was just going to say that, and then we could invite people tio play like sniper and GFH have to us.... neat idea

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I remember back in my day of CS that I would find those maps I knew were being played and/or let it download them as the map was going. I had modem then so I didn't like the latter option to well. HOWEVER, I did continue to download any map the server was playing IF I liked the map. I used to play on Mr. Happy as Dread if anyone remembers me. I would LOVE for new maps to be added. I also think that any pubbies driven away from the server are those who were just looking for a quick fix anyway. If they like our community and our server for our sense of play, they'll stick around. Map downloads ARE NOT that big of a deal because I think, by and large, most people gaming have moved up to broadband. That is my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by +PARADOX+
                          Oh(removes foot from mouth). I checked 'Remember Me' so I am always logged in. I made an assumption. I retract the statement about the GR server. But I stand by everything else(unless someone proves me wrong again). :)

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
                            Oh(removes foot from mouth). I checked 'Remember Me' so I am always logged in. I made an assumption. I retract the statement about the GR server. But I stand by everything else(unless someone proves me wrong again). :)
                            No problem. :icon7:

Comment

I think the only problem is keeping players up to date with custom maps. It can be annoying to have to get a new map, install it, then wait forever for BF to load. I guess BF doesn't have a download redirect feature like some other games. RvS had that problem for a while where we'd have a great game going and a custom map would kick a bunch of players off. They never come back. Now, players get redirected to a file server and it's easier keeping pubbies playing.

If the server has a custom map and a pubbie doesn't, is the player notified where to get the map when he's disconnected? It could be the one frustrating thing to find out there's a custom map you have to hunt down. On the up side, the person might jump on the forums and we'll get a permanent member.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X