FPS at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS at work

I have not played very many computer games so I need your help. At my work we play games on the network sometimes like Halo and Call of Duty but they are getting really boring. Does anyone know if a good FPS game that has a co-op mode? The problem is that some of the peoples computers here are a little old and can't run anything current. We just tried GRAW but that wouldn't run. Any suggestions?

Re: FPS at work

Duke nukem 3d

pipe bombs.

Comment

Gaming at work? Hell, I'd be happy if I could just get to most forums. Damn Websense! The latest talk is about removing local admin rights. Too many idiots streaming and downloading stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
        Gaming at work? Hell, I'd be happy if I could just get to most forums. Damn Websense! The latest talk is about removing local admin rights. Too many idiots streaming and downloading stuff...
        We don't have local admin rights unfortunatly. If we did I probably would have installed 2142 long ago. Luckily our IT likes video games and doesn't get to play them when he is home with his wife so he installs stuff for us. He won't let us play over the internet though only over the LAN. So it ends up being about 5 of us that play and we have pretty much established who is going to win every time. That is why we need a co-op game.

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
          We don't have local admin rights unfortunatly. If we did I probably would have installed 2142 long ago. Luckily our IT likes video games and doesn't get to play them when he is home with his wife so he installs stuff for us. He won't let us play over the internet though only over the LAN. So it ends up being about 5 of us that play and we have pretty much established who is going to win every time. That is why we need a co-op game.
          does it have to be FPS because RTS games make wicked wicked lan games, and they don't have high system reqs.
          Current member of the

Comment

Originally posted by Zid View Post
            does it have to be FPS because RTS games make wicked wicked lan games, and they don't have high system reqs.
            No I guess it doesn't. What RTS games would you recomend?

Comment

What can those work computers run? Or specs ?

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                What can those work computers run? Or specs ?
                on average:
                Pentium 4 2.5 ghz
                1 gig ram
                quadro 500's

They play Halo and Call of Duty just fine.

Comment

starcraft =D empire earth 2 company of heroes are my personal favorites.
                  Current member of the

Comment

Starcraft is a very good lan game.

Armed Assault, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter all have very good coop modes.
                    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

hes got low specs so starcraft and empire earth 2 should run without a hitch.
                      Current member of the

Comment

day of defeat is a pretty good FPS. Better then COD2 as well, with low requirements its not hard to get running.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Thanks guys. I will pass this on to my IT guy and see what he wants to get. Anymore suggestions are still welcome. I will let you know what we decide on.

Comment

The original Ghost Recon is worthy (it runs on my laptop pretty well), but I don't know how well it works on a LAN setup. I remember Apophis griping about setting up a dedicated server back in the day, though...
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Serious Sam should be loads of fun and doesn't require too much coordination in game. Nothing brings co-workers together like shooting monsters that have bombs as heads.

This also reminds me of Raven Shield with the Rainbow Hunt mod. Co-ordinate your reload times so you're not all stuck changing mags while 10 terrorists rush you. Ghost Recon with Harntrox's mod should provide some mindless killing as well.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X