• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Master, a hl2 mod is OUT!!

http://www.zombiemaster.org/index.php
    Theres the main site.
    http://www.zombiemaster.org/files.php
    Or jump right to the DL page.

In Zombie Master, everyone plays as a human survivor, minus one person, who is randomly picked to be the Zombie Master, he can spawn zombies at various points in the map, trigger environmental things, and a bunch of other cool stuff. The survivors, depending on the map, have objectives to complete.

Originally posted by Zombie Master in short
    Zombie Master is a multiplayer Half-Life 2 modification, centred around a zombie-apocalypse, which throws all but one player in the shoes of human survivors. Pitched against a relentless tide of rotting flesh, they must scavenge for weaponry and equipment just to stay alive. But that one player, chosen randomly at the beginning of the round, is not bound by mortal restraints.

To speak his name is to invite the wrath of hell - but most call him the 'Zombie Master'. He is nigh omnipotent. His invisible hand controls the legions of undead like puppets on strings; slowly closing the net on the humans while they run to and fro like rats in a maze.
    http://www.zombiemaster.org/about.php
    Read more about it here.

Just finished DLing, ill post thoughts about it in awhile.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
    [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
    [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Re: Zombie Master, a hl2 mod is OUT!!

This sounds really fun. I'm going to try it out for sure.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'm waiting to find out how I install the damn thing :(

Comment

Unzip the archive to your Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods directory. When you restart Steam, it shows up in the games list.

Comment

So far, this has turned out to be an interesting mod. Even though it's a beta, the devs have released mapping tools so there are already a few custom maps available. I've also set up a dedicated server and there are a few other North American servers available so the ping times are better.

This is going to be a really fun mod once more maps are available. As it stands, it's new maps that the mod needs right now. The fan mappers can concentrate on that while the devs fix the bugs.

Comment

It seems fun, but there are some major issues with lag, collision detection, and stability. This would be a great game for a LAN party with good machines, but as it stands it isn't durable enough to play reliably well on the internet.

Comment

I had lots of lag with the official servers but that's because they're UK based. There are more North American servers now. It also seems that there can be more lag with more players and higher zombie spawned. So far I haven't had much problem on the server I've set up.

Comment

Such an awesome mod, I've tried playing on other servers but it was real laggy. But then Sarc set up his Team Element server and now it's awesome.

Comment

It's very fun and very addictive.
                  Current member of the

Comment

Sarc's server is team element? Well no wonder I did great on that server.

Yeah, playing on a US server with the latest patch runs great.

Love the mod, but little team potential, although more than Hidden.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

I think once they fix zombie pathfinding/control issues and make barricading more useful, as well as once players learn that it isn't best to immediately put in the last part, team play will become a lot easier, and a lot more important.

Comment

Barricading is useful if you learn the methods of proper phys object stacking. I've seen some nice walls made by players that could only be dislodged by the ZM's Explosion ability (and it only took 30 seconds under enemy attack to get the wall back up).

They should have a weld tool though, not to permanently affix objects together, but to just make them harder to break apart.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101 View Post
                          I think once they fix zombie pathfinding/control issues and make barricading more useful, as well as once players learn that it isn't best to immediately put in the last part, team play will become a lot easier, and a lot more important.
                          Oh yeah, I hate players that barricade immediately. They always say to throw the part in but then it doesn't make it any easier for you to get back in. It's absurd when you're chased by banshees and need backup immediately.

There are some decent custom maps out now. I think a lot of the objectives need tweaking or regular updates because most of the time you feel bored surviving for 10 minutes or putting in that last part and instantly winning. A lot of the maps are available on most servers and there seem to be more servers every day.

There definitely need to be some objectives that have to be completed with help. Finding parts for a car is fun but it would be awesome if you needed another player to help you get to the part.

Comment

Barricading early is good, as long as you can hop over the barricade. It's players who put the last part in without telling anyone that messes things up, as all of a sudden players are trapped outside by a wall of zombies, and inside nobody has had time to put up a barricade.

I've seen one good barricade, and it involved the dumpster, which took forever, and didn't let people in. It may be possible to make a good barricade, but it takes a long time and the controls make it frustrating.

Comment

The official map should change the last zombie rush to start when all players have entered the building. Other than that, the docksofthedead map is pretty solid.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X