OFP2 coming...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFP2 coming...

Thx to www.worthplaying.com for the news...

copy/paste:

'Operation Flashpoint 2' Coming to PS3/X360/PC - Screen
    Posted by Rainier on Thursday, April 19 @ 02:59:18 PDT

Codemasters revealed that Operation Flashpoint 2 has been in development for over two years by an internal studio and will be coming to PC and major consoles (wild guess this means PS3 and X360). While details are still limited, OpFlash 2 uses the same Neon Engine as its Colin McRae DIRT racing game and will also feature extensive online capabilities for epic multiplayer battlefield action.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: OFP2 coming...

I'm interested to see how much of the OFP it actually has. ArmA is proving to be a nice successor and should have a long future with the community involvement and ease of modifications.

Comment

Coming to major consoles, eh? I'm sensing a "Ghost Recon 2" sort of thing, or at the very least a GRAW-esque title. I doubt they'll be able to keep the brutal realism and still sell it to adrenaline-crazed console-junkies. I mean there are barely enough buttons on a gamepad to do all the stuff you need to :D

Comment

I was wondering when this game was going to show its head again. A couple of years ago there was a lot of confusion over whether ArmA was OFP. If they are smart the will continue along with the same ideas as original OFP and hopefully learn from any mistakes in ArmA.

Tycho, I think there is a chance that OFP will be a "sell out" ie. designed for consoles, but hopfully they will want to go into direct competition with ArmA. That would be great for the sim-gamers.

Comment

Hmm, if OFP really is as nice as everyone says it's gonna be I might give it a try, the release is gonna be in 2008 right? (it said so in my Codemasters newsletter)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X