Have I been banned for some reason?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I been banned for some reason?

Every time I go to log into a game on our server, it hits 99% then boots me. Punkbuster says,"RESTRICTION, inadaquate o/s priveliges." What the hell does that mean? LOL!! Is this a mess up with PB? :icon21:
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Re: Have I been banned for some reason?

I am the admin on my comp. I am the only user.

Comment

Originally posted by coldbore
      Every time I go to log into a game on our server, it hits 99% then boots me. Punkbuster says,"RESTRICTION, inadaquate o/s priveliges." What the hell does that mean? LOL!! Is this a mess up with PB? :icon21:

I checked the BFSM logs and you are not banned. I'll check the PB logs and see if there is anything in there. Yep you got caught in PB. I'll join you on TS2 and see if we can fix the problem.
      Last edited by +PARADOX+; 06-03-2004, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I am the admin on my comp. I am the only user.
        Depending on the OS you are using you can check your privileges by right clicking on My Computer and choosing Manage. There will be a Local Users and Groups folder listed. Highlight the Users and Groups folder on the left Double click the users folder on the right. Then double click on your user and check your group memberships.

I had the same issue yesterday. I followed the steps recommended in eternal's post from the PunkBuster website and then I was able to login without PB kicking me. The issue may be that you have to be an administrative user to grant the privileges as outlined in eternal's post. If you still have problems, just post your OS version and I can probably help you get administrative privileges if you don't know how.

[volun]

Comment

I checked and rechecked, and yes, I am logged as the admin. It is the only account on my comp.

Comment

I am using Windows XP Home edition.

Comment

I checked and rechecked, and yes, I am logged as the admin. It is the only account on my comp.
              I'm not too familiar with XP Home, but just because it's the only user account on your machine, doesn't mean it's an admin account. Try logging in as "administrator" (you do remember the password you used when you installed the OS, right?) and making sure. While you're in there, you may as well try BF to make sure that's the problem...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                I'm not too familiar with XP Home, but just because it's the only user account on your machine, doesn't mean it's an admin account. Try logging in as "administrator" (you do remember the password you used when you installed the OS, right?) and making sure. While you're in there, you may as well try BF to make sure that's the problem...
                You are right Cing regarding it being the only user and not necessarily with administrative privileges. Based on my experience, the Administrator account is only available in Safe Mode when using XP Home. You can't really sign in as the actual Administrator user. You normally sign in as a user that is a member of the Administrators group.

I am still trying to figure this one out since I own XP Home. I played on my XP Home computer last night for about 10 minutes without any issues. I am going to try to add the updates that Coldbore added last night to see if I experience the same issue. Have you heard from PB tech support yet, Coldbore?

[volun]

Comment

All the help they said to do was for XP Pro. I wrote back and am waiting for a reply. I am logged on as admin though. I am totally baffled. Unless I am missing something. Maybe it is just a glitch. I also asked if there is some sort of override for this. :icon_conf

Comment

:icon9: According to PB, they do not have any answers. I guess I will be out of action till I figure what is going on. And I was sooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to going online tonight before I go into the field. Hope one of the admins can figure it out. :icon14:

Comment

Try and catch me in TS Coldbore.

Comment

Well isn't this wierd now. I can join any other server, even with PB, just not our server. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I tried 9 different ones to be sure. I can join play. For over 2 hours. But when I go to join our. BLINK! "Inadequate O/S Privelidges."
                        I reinstalled the game as well. Worked fine for about 5 minutes, till PB updated itself. Then I got punted again. Now I am back to square one. :icon_frow
                        Last edited by coldbore; 06-05-2004, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Have you done this:
                          This can be accomplished by setting certain privileges for the user that will run the game. To do this, first temporarily log in as an Administrator. Then go to Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Local Security Policy. This will open up the Local Security setting window. Expand the Local Policies folder and select User Rights Assignment. This will bring up a list of security settings for the computer. You will need to add the user that will be launching the game to have the following privileges. If the user is logged in while making changes, the user must be logged out and back in for the changes to take effect.

Debug Programs
                          Load and unload device drivers
                          Manage auditing and security log
                          Modify Firmware environment values
                          Profile Single Process

This is done by double clicking on the setting and then the "Add User or Group" button. You can either type the user or group name into the field or click on advanced to select from a list. If you select advanced, you may need to click on the "Object Types" button and make sure all 3 boxes are checked. Then click "OK". Click on the "Find Now" button to generate a full list of all users and groups on the system. Highlight the user you want to add the rights to and click "OK". Keep clicking "OK" untill you are back at the Local Security Settings window. Repeat this process for the rest of the list. That user will now be able to play on PB servers without getting kicked for "Inadequate O/S Privileges".
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I need some answers for windows xp home addition .. not professional.. so nothing for that will work.. but thanks for the reply .. already tried it and wouldnt work

Comment

From the PunkBuster web site:

Is there some way to modify my system configuration to be an administrator equivalent from PunkBuster's perspective?

Yes (under Win XP Pro or Win 2K). This can be accomplished by setting certain privileges for the user that will run the game. To do this, first temporarily log in as an Administrator. Then go to Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Local Security Policy. This will open up the Local Security setting window. Expand the Local Policies folder and select User Rights Assignment. This will bring up a list of security settings for the computer. You will need to add the user that will be launching the game to have the following privileges. If the user is logged in while making changes, the user must be logged out and back in for the changes to take effect.

Debug Programs
                              Load and unload device drivers
                              Manage auditing and security log
                              Modify Firmware environment values
                              Profile Single Process

This is done by double clicking on the setting and then the "Add User or Group" button. You can either type the user or group name into the field or click on advanced to select from a list. If you select advanced, you may need to click on the "Object Types" button and make sure all 3 boxes are checked. Then click "OK". Click on the "Find Now" button to generate a full list of all users and groups on the system. Highlight the user you want to add the rights to and click "OK". Keep clicking "OK" untill you are back at the Local Security Settings window. Repeat this process for the rest of the list. That user will now be able to play on PB servers without getting kicked for "Inadequate O/S Privileges".
                              Nothing for XP Home.. hmmm
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X