HALO 2 for the PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALO 2 for the PC

So I heard that HALO 2 was coming out for the PC about a month ago with a release date sometime during May. Since I don't own an X-Box (or any console for that matter) I was looking forward to seeing the game that practically made the XBox 360 successful. Surprised there wasn't any news about it on the forums either.

Then I do a quick google to see a confirmed release date.

Release date: 05/22/07
    Requires: Windows Vista

Aww Damnit. I wonder if there's enough change in the couch to get Windows Vista...
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: HALO 2 for the PC

I loved the first Halo but I'll wait my required 1 year for Microsoft to fix all the bugs in their new OS before I upgrade to Vista

Comment

Originally posted by JollietJake View Post
      I loved the first Halo but I'll wait my required 1 year for Microsoft to fix all the bugs in their new OS before I upgrade to Vista
      really, the bugs arent that bad and easily defeatable for the purposes of gaming and general home desktop usage. If you're upgrading or building/buying a new pc; Vista is a must IMO. DEFINITELY, not as bad as the WinXP release. Every game I've played so far on Vista has worked flawlessly.

Anyways, I thought Halo was delayed... u sure it's 5/22?

edit: just checked, it's delayed to 5/22 :)

Comment

Yeah, was suppose to come out the 8th, but 22nd now. I may get it, I'm a old Halo2 vet, so I could probably get back into it with the updated graphics, and use of higher resolutions.

Comment

Heh. Problem solved. Lucky me the local CompUSA was going out of business (something I did not have a hand in...this time) and was throwing stock out the door.

Windows Vista Home Premium edition for $30.

I'm guessing the low price had something to do with the store fixtures going faster than the store stock. Piles of stuff since all the counters and shelves were gone. Hell they even sold all their phones, security cameras, and cash registers with the one they were using to ring me out on reserve and paid for already.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Is Halo 2 the game that allows PC users to play right along side 360 users?

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
              Yes.

Edit: It makes use of the newly available Windows Live service - currently only available to Vista users.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
                Yup, and to me that's really the only reason to get the game - to prove to the console-junkies who the REAL bosses of gaming are. :)

Other then that, it looks like just another Halo game... nothing special

Comment

As far as I know, I have not heard of HALO2 being cross-platform with the Xbox version. Now I know that ShadowRun, and UNO will both be cross-platform. This is news to me.

I'm still blown away by Bungies matchmaking system HALO2 had, along with their playlist feature. No other game still is anywhere close to this type of style.

Comment

Halo 2 will not be cross platform compatible.
                    While you can see friends online and chat with the Live system
                    Stalker will be the First cross platform multiplayer for Live.

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
                      Halo 2 will not be cross platform compatible.
                      While you can see friends online and chat with the Live system
                      Stalker will be the First cross platform multiplayer for Live.
                      you're right... I believe I was reading a Halo2 and Shadowrun review on the same day and got them mixed up. SHADOWRUN is the 1st game to be cross-platform.

Comment

Shadowrun also HAS to be cross platform because its silimar to Quake Wars and Battlefield games in that its Multiplayer only. It probably could survive a PC only launch, but crossplatform will make sure it goes out with, if not a bang, then at least not a wimper.

Comment

Now I want a new Vista system and Halo 2! PC gamers vs. console gamers! The ultimate rush!
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

On a somewhat related note:

I'm pretty sure PC gamers will smoke Console gamers in FPS cross platform matches simply because the mouse/keys format allows better reflexes and more fluid action than working with a controler.

This is for the 'nonprofessional' players that is. I don't think anyone could squeeze an advantage out of a professional player who can get headshots across a map with a sniper rifle using a controler everytime and has memorized the respawn timer of weapons so they will finish off the last of their ammo before picking up a new gun. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                              On a somewhat related note:

I'm pretty sure PC gamers will smoke Console gamers in FPS cross platform matches simply because the mouse/keys format allows better reflexes and more fluid action than working with a controler.

This is for the 'nonprofessional' players that is. I don't think anyone could squeeze an advantage out of a professional player who can get headshots across a map with a sniper rifle using a controler everytime and has memorized the respawn timer of weapons so they will finish off the last of their ammo before picking up a new gun. -.-
                              Just FYI, Shadowrun supposedly has a feature that causes you to slow down a little if you turn more than like 90 in a relatively short time. In other words, they are trying to make it a more balanced playing field between the two roles of console and PC. So far from people I've heard in the Shadowrun beta... they smoke the console players hench why they added this little "feature."

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X