Shadowrun PC Vista, or Xbox 360.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowrun PC Vista, or Xbox 360.

I'm loving this game. It's really deep in combat, and I think its been a pretty underrated game from the get go, I've always kept an eye on it, thought it was going to be sweet, being cross-platform. The graphics are alot better than it shows in the screen shots. Everything is pretty solid, and smooth. This game is extremely colorful. This game only offers mutiplayer though, although it has training mode then with bots as well to complete each chapter of training, and its really needed to learn how to play this game, there are tons of options here. Lots of Magic, and Tech, and weapon choices. Huge Rock, Paper, and Scissor balancing, and gameplay. It's needed to master this game. I have not taken any screen shots yet, but I did film a short video of me basically playing in a bot match, showing small portion of magic, Gust, and Teleport are in this video.

http://www.awaitingrequiem.com/vid/

I highly recommend this game if you've got Vista installed, or even a 360. The only problem right now, is when a new player joins, it locks for everyone until the player is able to select his character and is actually in the game, this is a issue that is hopefully taken care of in a patch, or it may just be apart of the cross-platform system their doing here.

I'm able to run in full 1680x1050 res, 4x aa and full settings. I think I'm still getting pretty good framerate.

I'll try to update the thread with screen shots in full res.

Re: Shadowrun PC Vista, or Xbox 360.

I'll buy it when they don't charge me extra to play against console owners, use VOIP, or get achievements.

GARBAGE!

EDIT: Here are some links that may help you judge if Shadowrun is worth the $50/$60 investment:
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=165065
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=77198

Comment

They are not charging extra, its part of the live membership. If you've already got xbox live, then there is no problem. If you don't well yeah, then its a premium. Only problem I've had with this situation is it being Vista only. Live has been good to me, with all the stuff they offer. I love it. This game is far from garbage.

Comment

Gah... teleportation... not... possible... in.... Shadowrun... magic...

Okay, Shadowrun fan boy moment aside (for a moment)

The game does look neat and promising and will probably be fun. looks a bit Dystopia like while being more easily controlled and manipulated.

Questions:

Is there Matrix action?

Are all five main metahuman races present in the game?

Do you suffer damage for using your magic or is there a magic bar?

Okay back to the fanboy moment. Stop here if you don't want to hear someone go on a brief anti-Microsoft rant.

I'm really at a crossroad to buy this game. Namely I don't want to because Microsoft has been promising fans of the RPG an RPG game for forever and a day. It's really insulting to see them turn a really deep and interesting story line that the world of Shadowrun has and twist it into a team counter-strikeesque game. Not that there's anything wrong with that genre, it's just that they are trying to claim it's true to the shadowrun story line when really, it's just horribly not. Shadowrun is so much more. I wouldn't mind if this had been the multi-player side of a great single player or multi-player RPG, but to think they turned Shadowrun into this is really disheartening.

For that reason, I'm at a crossroad at buying this game. I don't want to support FASA/Microsoft's knockoff of a great game world, but at the same time if the game isn't successful it's doubtful that they will release any further SR games in the future.

I think I'll go load up my Sega Shadowrun cartridge now...

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

You have essence that gets depleted, certain things hurt you a bit when you use them.

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations View Post
            Are all five main metahuman races present in the game?
            No Orcs.
            Just:
            - Humans (extra starting cash, tech abilities bite into your "mana" pool less)
            - Elves (faster, slimmer, heal when not taking damage, low HP)
            - Dwarves (Big starting essense pool but it regens *real* slow, suck essence from players and magical constructs, armored up, can take two headshots before death due to helmet use, only race to be able to hold three resses at once)
            - Trolls (Big, slow, no penalty for heavy weapons, gain more armor while sustaining damage as long as they have essence to pay for the ability, hit like a ton of bricks with the sword.)

Do you suffer damage for using your magic or is there a magic bar?
            There is an "essense" pool. Depending on race the size and regen vary. Every tech skill you equip costs you pips of essence. If you cast abilites that are long term (ressurect, area denial traps, etc.) it blocks out a set number of pips from your pool until the effect goes away.

Due to their large essence pool, Dwarves make great Doc/Blockers. They can res up to three people actively, and can have 3 area denial spells (think crystal caltrops that block and snare) active. Also, they can clear their own area denial traps by using the Dwarf essence suck power to remove them, where non-dwarves have to use weapon fire.

I'm really at a crossroad to buy this game. Namely I don't want to because Microsoft has been promising fans of the RPG an RPG game for forever and a day. It's really insulting to see them turn a really deep and interesting story line that the world of Shadowrun has and twist it into a team counter-strikeesque game. Not that there's anything wrong with that genre, it's just that they are trying to claim it's true to the shadowrun story line when really, it's just horribly not. Shadowrun is so much more. I wouldn't mind if this had been the multi-player side of a great single player or multi-player RPG, but to think they turned Shadowrun into this is really disheartening.

For that reason, I'm at a crossroad at buying this game. I don't want to support FASA/Microsoft's knockoff of a great game world, but at the same time if the game isn't successful it's doubtful that they will release any further SR games in the future.
            I agree wholeheartedly, I picked it up in the hopes that the next SR game they open up the license for will be 3-5 years instead of 10. The game is pretty interesting for what it is, though. The rock-paper-scissors of the abilites is pretty well done.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WaffleHousChef View Post
              No Orcs.
              Just:
              - Humans (extra starting cash, tech abilities bite into your "mana" pool less)
              - Elves (faster, slimmer, heal when not taking damage, low HP)
              - Dwarves (Big starting essense pool but it regens *real* slow, suck essence from players and magical constructs, armored up, can take two headshots before death due to helmet use, only race to be able to hold three resses at once)
              - Trolls (Big, slow, no penalty for heavy weapons, gain more armor while sustaining damage as long as they have essence to pay for the ability, hit like a ton of bricks with the sword.)

There is an "essense" pool. Depending on race the size and regen vary. Every tech skill you equip costs you pips of essence. If you cast abilites that are long term (ressurect, area denial traps, etc.) it blocks out a set number of pips from your pool until the effect goes away.

Due to their large essence pool, Dwarves make great Doc/Blockers. They can res up to three people actively, and can have 3 area denial spells (think crystal caltrops that block and snare) active. Also, they can clear their own area denial traps by using the Dwarf essence suck power to remove them, where non-dwarves have to use weapon fire.

I agree wholeheartedly, I picked it up in the hopes that the next SR game they open up the license for will be 3-5 years instead of 10. The game is pretty interesting for what it is, though. The rock-paper-scissors of the abilites is pretty well done.

Waffle, are you playing on 360, or PC? I just finished a 2-3hour session just now. I've got alot of xbox people following me, since the Vista population is slim, and they want their achievements for rez'ing lol. Also their BFF achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                Waffle, are you playing on 360, or PC?
                360, I'm waiting till SP1 to put Vista on a machine. Although, I bet having this on a PC with mouse/kb puts you at a big advantage to all the 360 people with their wonky controller aiming.

I just finished a 2-3hour session just now. I've got alot of xbox people following me, since the Vista population is slim, and they want their achievements for rez'ing lol. Also their BFF achievements.
                Yeah, I just sent you a buddy request that you accepted. ;)

I did notice you have the "My platform is superior" acheivment, hehehe.

I've just been playing botmatches so far. Kinda working out things, mainly playing the Doc/Blocker Dwarf I mentioned above. What loadout are you liking?
                sigpic

Comment

This is what annoys me about MS. If you already own a 360, you have a Live Gold account. You get all the extra features of the Live for Windows games. Those of us who don't own the 360 have to pay monthly fees. Monthly fees for an FPS?

No thanks.

Features disabled without a Gold subscription:
                  -full team VOIP
                  -play vs. 360 owners
                  -achievements
                  -matchmaking

Really lame move by Microsoft. It would be far less irritating if they didn't shaft the non-360 owners.

EDIT: Just to note, I really want to like this game. I love Fasa and the concepts behind the game are amazing. Tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspie View Post
                    This is what annoys me about MS. If you already own a 360, you have a Live Gold account. You get all the extra features of the Live for Windows games. Those of us who don't own the 360 have to pay monthly fees. Monthly fees for an FPS?

No thanks.

Features disabled without a Gold subscription:
                    -full team VOIP
                    -play vs. 360 owners
                    -achievements
                    -matchmaking

Really lame move by Microsoft. It would be far less irritating if they didn't shaft the non-360 owners.

EDIT: Just to note, I really want to like this game. I love Fasa and the concepts behind the game are amazing. Tough.
                    I understand, and I'm annoyed by their move mainly with the whole Vista thing, its honestly running pretty damn good on my machine, maybe because its a vista only? I don't know.

Also Waffle, I've been using Elf/ Rez/Tree of life/gust combo. Along with the rifle, shotgun/ or smg for easy close kills. The console players only have one thing on me, and thats when they are using the katana, a controller allows you to have more control in 3rd person me thinks. I love rezing people and them bowing down, its like they don't expect it, so its hilarious. There could be massive teamwork on this game.

If the circumstances were different with the Live thing, this could honestly be a TG game.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspie View Post

No thanks.
                      That's the thing though, there aren't a whole lot of "Games for Windows" out right now, but there will be more and more. Until, a good chunk of the PC gamebase is on the GFW program. Microsoft is good at strong arming people onto their way, so having a Live! gold account isn't just for one FPS. It happens to be right *now* but it won't be for long.

Also, I will point out that you already do pay a fee to support FPS games. This is a good thing, but your very strong stance seems kinda odd with your SM tag under your name.

Everyone gets shafted equally. 360 owners are *already* paying, Gold Live is not free for 360 owners. Welcome to the train. All aboard.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, its probably the way of the future, MMO's have been making people pay premiums for years. Its sad, but the train has come, Choo choo!

Comment

Originally posted by WaffleHousChef View Post
                          Everyone gets shafted equally. 360 owners are *already* paying, Gold Live is not free for 360 owners. Welcome to the train. All aboard.
                          Yes but you get something for your money. All 360 games work off of that one subscription. PC users have to pay the same amount, but for only 2 games (Halo 2 and Shadowrun). Plus, PC users already have all the features that Live offers (friends list, chat, profiles, communities, VOIP, etc) at no additional cost. Why should we have to pay for services that we don't need?

It comes down to a monthy fee for matchmaking and the like. Hard to justify.

As for your other comment Waffle, TG stands for something. I can play on the TG servers without paying a dime. Microsoft is forcing users to pay up or lose out. PC gamers will most likely refuse, as only RPGs and their massive server demands seem justified to charge extra each month.

If MS tries to force all game developers into their payment model, you can count on it failing. FPS gamers cringe at addtional fees. You buy the game, and that's it. Hell, half of them don't even buy the game.
                          Last edited by Aspie; 06-03-2007, 12:57 PM. Reason: Name correction

Comment

Everyone is simply going to have to make their own choice on when or if to subscribe to Live. The GFW program is most likely not going away, it sucks, yes.

Back on topic, Undead, you mess around with Trolls any? I'm sure with the PC control setup, playing quick elves and run and gunning really suits like you have been.

I've never bought the rocket launcher since at 5k initial and 1k per shot it seems a bit steep. I wonder if the FF avoidance perk for Smartlink will stop the AE from the rocket launcher from hitting friendlies.
                            sigpic

Comment

Rocket Launcher cost WAY to much, I mean I launched a round earlier at a foe, and it just pushed him and probably damaged quite a bit, but it should of killed him. Basically its to expensive for what it actually offers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X