No announcement yet.

I got the fix for not enough O/S Privy!!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the fix for not enough O/S Privy!!!

I finally heard back from PB. They had to look in depth for this fix. They appologized for the wait. But here it is guys, so pass it on if you know of anyone with the same problem. :icon19: :icon7:

Is there some way to modify my system configuration to be an administrator equivalent from PunkBuster's perspective in XP Home, or for Pro Users that get thier rights reset?

Try this file, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers and fixes the problem even if you don't.

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't HAVE this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step.

If you find the virus, (it is usually 3 random named dll files)

Select all the files found.
    Press 'Delete These Files'.

The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot.
    Allow program to reboot.

Once Restarted:
    Press 'Guardian.reg'.
    Press 'User Agent'.
    Press 'Restore Policy'.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.

If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button

On Thursday, June 17, 2004, at 05:41 PM,
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Re: I got the fix for not enough O/S Privy!!!

thanx for the fix ill pass it on to scarface he had the same trouble
    Out numbered,always,outclassed never!

The truth is one of our workers was having the same problem and said that that file fixed their computer. So I researched it and found what it does. And tell everyone that has a problem about it. It's pretty nasty stuff, not much else will get rid of it. Most XP users are fine, if someone gets that message, something has edited their permissions and there is no way of detecting it. Not Norton or AdAware or nothing can get rid of it cause it hides itself as a DLL file. Not the regular http or ad files.

On Tuesday, June 22, 2004, at 03:48 PM,

This was sent from their TECH service GOD Stuart. WOW is all I have to say.
      Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

I'm glad to see that there was a fix for your problem! It's also refreshing to see such good technical support from PB! (considering that it wasn't a problem with their product, anyway...)
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed