Some Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions

I have been going through some BF withdrawals here. Every time I log onto the server, there is nobody there. I log on around 8:00 my time here in New Brunswick. Where is everyone? I check TS, and there is never anybody there. It seems there are people playing Joint ops ( I am one of them), but never DC. Am I missing something here? It seems to me that over the last 3 months, the server has gone to the wind. I remember playing with up to 30 players sometimes here. I loved that.
    I talked to an admin awhile ago about getting this server up and running again and making it what it used to be. Where is he? You know who you are. I would love to spend some time here. I am off on holidays for the next 2 weeks, so I can live here if it may. I will be on tonight around 8 so if anyone would like to join me for some killin, feel free. I will also be on Friday night. So feel free.
    I have said my piece and asked my questions. I just wish someone (admins) would get back to me and answer some of them. I have been here for awhile now, and hope I would have some sort of respect earned. Even though I have never been offered Admin status. wink wink :icon24:
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Re: Some Questions

I have generally lost all enjoyment of DC because of the situation you state. I haven't played a multi-player game in probably 2 months.

Comment

I agree Coldbore. I try to log on aroung 8:00 p.m. Eastern(sometimes earlier) but I get tired of flying around or driving around only shooting at stationary targets that don't shoot back. The server has been pretty light lately. For a while it was going pretty good but now it is back to nothing again. Heck, even as Fait said he isn't around much anymore and he was pretty regular(in game that is :)).

I can't play Joint Ops due to hardware issues so DC is the only game I play here. Maybe we need to get some suggestions on how to spruce up the place. Or maybe when it turns colder(for those of us that have an actual Fall/Winter), more people will log on.

I will be logging on shortly and will stick around.
      Last edited by Killer_McDermott; 07-28-2004, 07:03 PM. Reason: Fait posted so I had to change mine so it would make sense

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
        I agree Coldbore. I try to log on aroung 8:00 p.m. Eastern(sometimes earlier) but I get tired of flying around or driving around only shooting at stationary targets that don't shoot back. The server has been pretty light lately. For a while it was going pretty good but now it is back to nothing again. Heck, even as Fait said he isn't around much anymore and he was pretty regular(in game that is :)).

I can't play Joint Ops due to hardware issues so DC is the only game I play here. Maybe we need to get some suggestions on how to spruce up the place. Or maybe when it turns colder(for those of us that have an actual Fall/Winter), more people will log on.
        When it turns colder and if it picks up.. I would probably be back to playing it.

Comment

I have BF1942 but last time I got Desert Combat it made my computer crash and I needed a new hard drive :(. The warranty has worn off now so I'm not too keen on getting it again. Otherwise, I'd be on a lot.

Comment

I've played DC once or twice but as of next wednesday my game time will be solely devoted to vanquishing the minions of hell. :icon16:

Comment

Well, I've been away from home for the last four months on a business trip and I have another month to go before I'll be able to play DC. Some of our other regulars were deployed on military operations, TG went through a massive restructuring, BF:V came and went, Joint Ops is grabbing some people's attention and summer is here. There are lots of reasons for the decrease in activity on the server. The best way to get it going again is to start a DC night, IMO. Everyone agree to jump on the server every Friday evening (or whatever you all decide) and stay on the server for more than just ten minutes. I guarantee that we can get the server hopping again. But it's not like I (or any other admin) can just snap my fingers and make the server full, y'know? It's going to take a little bit of community effort to get it going again. It only takes a half dozen people to "seed" the server before pubbies start filling it up. From that point we can start recruiting the good players and expand our core group of regulars to what it was six months ago.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Well, I've been away from home for the last four months on a business trip and I have another month to go before I'll be able to play DC. Some of our other regulars were deployed on military operations, TG went through a massive restructuring, BF:V came and went, Joint Ops is grabbing some people's attention and summer is here. There are lots of reasons for the decrease in activity on the server. The best way to get it going again is to start a DC night, IMO. Everyone agree to jump on the server every Friday evening (or whatever you all decide) and stay on the server for more than just ten minutes. I guarantee that we can get the server hopping again. But it's not like I (or any other admin) can just snap my fingers and make the server full, y'know? It's going to take a little bit of community effort to get it going again. It only takes a half dozen people to "seed" the server before pubbies start filling it up. From that point we can start recruiting the good players and expand our core group of regulars to what it was six months ago.
                Wednesday - Wife night
                Friday - Drinking night
                Saturday - Wife - all day long

Anything else is up for grabs and I'll be there... you all take it from there.. I'm not an organizer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fait_Maker]Wednesday - Wife night
                  Friday - Drinking night
                  Saturday - Wife - all day long

LMAO!!!!! :icon_razz I know what you mean.

I agree with setting up a night where we all can jump on. Maybe we can put it to a poll as to what nights are best. I realize summer is here and time commitments for family and work, but there should be one night we can all join for killin. After all, work doesn't go all night. Unless you are a hooker. right Killer? :icon12: Just kidding. I played last night. Some good games happinen. If you don't mind, I have a few suggestions. Here they are:

1 Can everyone who playes get on Team speak. The link is posted. I believe it would be easier to play if everyone was on it as well as it would be easier to see who is playing. All you have to do is boot TS and you will see who is on instead of having to load game. Plus, we should ALL be on it anyhow. That is, if you are TG.

2. I think that if we are going to play regular games, we need to see who is playing. If you are registered on the server, you should have the TG name. So change your nic. I realize that some people playing can't change their names for diff reasons (maybe they belong to other squads). But having the TG name would make it easier to keep track of our players.

3. Is there any way we can set up a practice night? Is there a way of having bots in game to shoot against? I mean, if we can set one up with almost impossible odds, it would be good to run it on the server with the TG people trying it. It would be be nice to be able to practice real time tactics and comms. I think it might work for us. Get a squad going and see how far into it we can get. Then review it to see where we need to improve.

4. Update the member list. There is a lot of members who are on the list who are not member anymore. Can we get it updated?

5. How is the map review commitee doing? We have not heard anything from them lately. They started this commitee to get some new maps, but we are still running the old one's. Except for Iraq. Some new maps might strike up some more interest. I have noticed that a lot of servers that are always full have custom maps playing. Breaks the norm sort of speak. Maybe the commitee members can put up a post and give us an update. :)

These are not set in stone orders, rather than just me thinking out loud. ( yes I am a male and can think.) Some members may not agree with all of them, but I think it may help us get up and running again.
                  Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

I wouldn't mind picking a night to play. I usually like to play on Friday or Saturday just because I can stay up later but it doesn't have to be on those two nights. Usually, my wife and kids are gone for a couple hours on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday so those are better nights for me.

Originally posted by coldbore
                    After all, work doesn't go all night. Unless you are a hooker. right Killer? :icon12: Just kidding.
                    You misunderstood. When I said that I meant I liked to latch hook. ;) I know it's bad but what do you expect.

3. Is there any way we can set up a practice night? Is there a way of having bots in game to shoot against? I mean, if we can set one up with almost impossible odds, it would be good to run it on the server with the TG people trying it. It would be be nice to be able to practice real time tactics and comms. I think it might work for us. Get a squad going and see how far into it we can get. Then review it to see where we need to improve.
                    I'm not sure if you can add bots to a Conquest map(which are all of the active maps on the TG server). There are Co-Op versions of most of the stock maps. The Co-Op version has bots. There is some discussion on how much of a challenge it is with bots. Some say if you set the AI of the bots up to 100%, it presents a challenge. Others, disagree. Plus, it makes it hard to enforce the no spawn camping rule because for some reason the bots don't listen. :)

With Co-Op, you select a map that is a Co-Op map and then set the number of players you want. When a real human logs on, a bot disconnects. On the server browser, it appears the server is full even though you can log in. It probably would solve the problem of the server not being full. For those slow nights don't think that I haven't given serious thought to switching to a Co-Op map. :)

5. How is the map review commitee doing? We have not heard anything from them lately. They started this commitee to get some new maps, but we are still running the old one's. Except for Iraq. Some new maps might strike up some more interest. I have noticed that a lot of servers that are always full have custom maps playing. Breaks the norm sort of speak. Maybe the commitee members can put up a post and give us an update. :)
                    As far as the map review committee goes, it is basically non-existent at this point for the same reasons as discussed in this thread. There isn't an interest right now based on the lack of feedback I received. It will probably be the colder months before we can get anything going.

[volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X