Latest From DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest From DC

"Over the past four to six months, there's been ever-increasing speculation about the future of Desert Combat. This was fuelled further with the announcement that Trauma Studios had been signed to assist DICE on previously announced projects. Well today we have some answers for some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the next update to Desert Combat."

1. Is this announcement concerning the next release of Desert Combat
    -Yes and no. This release has the help of the DC devs and includes material donated by testers. It is the size and compilation of the next DC release. It is however not "Desert Combat".

Read the Rest...
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Latest From DC

Sad to see such a good mod get abandoned like that. Oh well, I'll have to buy the Cray supercomputer for BF2.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Re: Latest From DC

Originally posted by Tempus
      Sad to see such a good mod get abandoned like that. Oh well, I'll have to buy the Cray supercomputer for BF2.
      Yeah, DC is fantastic, but I think that they're smart to move on. They learned from HL/CS. If HL2/CS2 had come out 2 years ago, they could be working on HL3/CS3 by now. In some ways, this is bad for gamers, but at least this way we'll be getting a new game engine that's designed specifically for "DC".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X