BioShock - NO Spoiler Thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioShock - NO Spoiler Thread!

On some previous discussion of games I've read some spoilers in some of the posts. No one in particulars fault as it's easy to get going on a game in a thread.

I know we will be talking about this game so I thought I'd start a no spoiler thread for no spoiler discussion! I'll do the same for spoiler discussion.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: BioShock - NO Spoiler Thread!

Well I'm downloading it on my XP computer thru Steam. I played thru the demo and it's just way too fun. Pacing seemed a bit too fast almost, in the demo at least.

Comment

Eh, I can't justify shelling out $50.00 for a singleplayer game. Half-life 2 of course being the exception because I knew it would have tons of mods, that and its half-life :). I don't see playing bioshock through again once I know the story.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Well even so the demo is quite worth it. After playing the demo I just knew I had to get the game :)

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
          Eh, I can't justify shelling out $50.00 for a singleplayer game. Half-life 2 of course being the exception because I knew it would have tons of mods, that and its half-life :). I don't see playing bioshock through again once I know the story.
          I dont intend to start any false rumors, but keep in mind that System Shock 2 started out as single player only and was patched to incorperate co-op multiplayer.
          TG Regular
          TGU Staff
          ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
          Evil Koala
          LeftSkidLow

Comment

Putting up money for a singleplayer game is worth it. Just compare how many hours you get out of the game to how much it costs to go to the movies. If you spend $50 on a game and get 10 hours out of it, it's close to going to the movies on a full price night (minus snacks). It only gets better the longer the game is (although a lot of singleplayer games are about 8-10 hours).

Bioshock seems pretty good so far. I just started and don't know much about the story. It's definitely creepy. I just imagine myself in that situation and feel like hiding in a corner, which I end up doing with my character. I'm a bit more confident now that I have a plasmid and some decent firepower. It's still creepy when these slicers come after you. They're like psycho killer mental patients!

So, spend money on this game! I don't want to hear anything about spending money only on HL2 just because it's Half-life. We wouldn't know about Half-life if we didn't buy it and give it a shot. ;)

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Sarc is like the little devil on my shoulder. A lot of the guys at work picked it up and are playing it apparently (fairly shocked how many PC gamers there are out there), and they said it was pretty good. Seems like a waste though if it were only 10 hours.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I just finished the first level and spent about an hour on it. Even if it has about 8 levels for about 8 hours, you can always replay it and be evil/good depending on how you want to play the game. It's a cheap way for developers to extend gameplay but it does allow you to squeeze a bit more value out of the game.

For play time per hour, it's pretty close to going to the movies. Plus, I limit myself to about 1 game per month. It may seem like a large fee for a game when more lengthy games exist but we all find ways to justify costs. Why do supporting members pay for a membership? A few months of membership can buy a game but members want to contribute to something good.

In the end, it's nice to treat yourself. The impressions from everybody here have been good so you can be confident that you'll like the game. Unless the comments have triggered some kind of game design style that you don't like. It's still quite odd to dismiss a game just because it doesn't have multiplayer. There are plenty of games with multiplayer but that doesn't mean you'll play it for hours and hours.

Comment

I'm in the middle of the 3rd level and I've spend a good 9.3 hours on the game according to steam. The truth is it gets a lot more complex and grows exponentially. So the first level might take you 1 hour but the second level will take you maybe 2 more and the third might take 4 more after that.

Also theres so much to do. I take it that when you talk about spoilers you mean story spoilers and not gameplay? Theres more than just combat plasmids, there's quite a few other upgrades, not to mention to the guns you wield. The game is trully an RPG so expect a lot of gameplay time.

My friend hasn't finished and even he has said it's the longest FPS he's ever played.

Comment

I think I'm near the end and am just wondering if it gets any harder? So many power-ups at this point that I'm going around killing everything except big daddys with a wrench. Slightly disappointing considering I'm playing on next-to-hardest level. Also, if I am near the end the game seems very very short.

On a positive note, I have really enjoyed collecting the power-ups and configuring them as I like. I find it adds a lot of enjoyment to the game.
                    Twisted Firestarter
                    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                    sigpic

Comment

Turns out I was near the end. The final boss was way too easy :(. Still, overall I enjoyed the game. Just wish it was more of a novel instead of a short story.
                      Twisted Firestarter
                      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                      sigpic

Comment

It feels pretty short so far. Although, I did spend about 4 hours on it yesterday and I think I'm about halfway through the game. I didn't expect the length of the game to be like Oblivion or any other RPG. I was thinking of a more standard FPS shooter that's around 8-10 hours. I think I'm getting about 12-14 hours total on this. I've spent about 6 so far at a little over an hour for each area.

Comment

I spent a good 18-20 hours to beat it.. But I explored a lot and avoided direct confrontations. I'd spend several minutes sneaking up and tagging an enemy with rage or security bullseye and wait for them to do the work for me.
                          TG Regular
                          TGU Staff
                          ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
                          Evil Koala
                          LeftSkidLow

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                            I think I'm near the end and am just wondering if it gets any harder? So many power-ups at this point that I'm going around killing everything except big daddys with a wrench. Slightly disappointing considering I'm playing on next-to-hardest level. Also, if I am near the end the game seems very very short.

On a positive note, I have really enjoyed collecting the power-ups and configuring them as I like. I find it adds a lot of enjoyment to the game.
                            There are only three levels of difficulty. Try hardest. You'll be hitting that quicksave button every 30 secs.

Comment

Hardest really isn't that hard on a second run through. I am going through the game a second time on hard and it's just not that hard. I don't care that much, but I know there are people who want to have it super difficult and unfortunately they are not going to get it on the PC version at least.
                              The Dirty

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X