Clear All

• BioShock - Spoiler Thread

Spoil away!
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: BioShock - Spoiler Thread

I suppose I could see this as a spoiler, so I'll post it here. I just read it on the GameSpot BioShock forums. It is simply regarding the acquisition of another firearm during the demo.

Originally posted by Gamespot BioShock Forums
    I was playing the demo for like a fifth time just now and I was swimming around at the beginning looking for easter eggs and whatnot. Then I saw a floating suitcase and found that you could push it. heres what you do:

- Push the suitcase up the lighthouse stairs (may take a few tries, it sometimes sinks)
    - Push it through the lighthouse into the submarine
    - Activate submarine
    - Once you get to Rapture push it out of the submarine and look at it, and you can now search it.
    - Inside is a SHOTGUN
    - enjoy!
    I hope someone has a good time with this. However, as there is no PC demo out yet, and my 360 is not connected to the intarweb, I cannot confirm that this works myself. But from the responses in the thread, it works as advertised.
    Last edited by Silas Ender; 08-16-2007, 10:31 PM.
    Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

seems logical...near the end there is a lock box in the water and inside is electro shotugun shells! Figured it would be around there somewhere...

Comment

Everything loaded OK, though two things:

1)Did I install my ATI hot patch correctly? My screen has little boxes with what appears to be fire along with spots of fire and little white squares. Do I need another driver patch? I land in the water after the cut scene on the plane and my screen shows the little boxes with flames and the white squares!

2)Is there a mouse pointer to work the menu? It's driving me crazy as my mouse does not seem to connect and I have to repeatly move my mouse to get any type of connection to move over the menu.

Help!
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

ive heard other ati users having this problem...keep checkin forums and ati's site...maybe theres a new driver or maybe a different hotfix

Comment

many ATI users are victims of partnerships =(. a comparison;

Nvidia=U.S.

ATI= Russia (big red dog :P)

Nvidia works to make allies with everyone and anyone. they have their name on almost every big title that comes out. ATI has to work on its own to get these things done...............After the release. both company's make very good cards though, this is one of the reasons i like to stay with Nvidia. anyways sory to hijack the thread Continue with the spoilers :D

Comment

I'll get you my pretty....

You have to do this...

To get this....

Another one saved...

I've only killed a few, What? I needed the ADAM.

First weapon upgrade, and just so happens I walk into a room when a "scene" happens.

Comment

Man, this game is badass. I can't stop playing it. I left off right after you kill Dr. Steinman and get blocked off in that corridor on the way to the Emergency Access area. How far are you into it Undead? I haven't come across any Big Daddies yet.

I was wondering if anyone else has made it to this part yet. It's right after you get the telekinesis plasmid, where you enter the room where the guy is chucking grenades at you and you have to redirect them to blow up the crap blocking the door. Anyway, I did all that, but my question was is it possible to climb up onto those balconies you see on the opposite sides of the room?

There's s a few objects in the room that you can manipulate with telekinesis. 1 trash can, 2 wheelchairs, 2 corpses, 1 metal poster and 1 square box. I must have spent 30 minutes just trying to stack those objects onto that metal heater(or whatever it is) you see just to the left of the hand in the screenshot. I was able to get the trash can upright, but then it's incredibly difficult trying to get anything on top of that. Just curious if anyone was able to do that.

Comment

Wow remind me to not play games when im incredible tired. Good so far but after playing CSS for 4 hours waiting for this thing to down load my nerves are already to jittery. I'll do better after some sleep.

Comment

I'm on the Neptune's Bounty level now. I realized that with the Gene Bank I could go back to the pavilion and melt some ice from another door I found, since I could reload the incinerate plasmid. Anyways, upon doing this and completing that area you run into that spooky old lady that disappears and a nice tonic is left by a corpse. I believe it's a security hacking tonic.

Anyways, upon going back to Neptune's you're basically greeted by "Rosie", who's a seriously difficult big daddy. Took me forever to kill her, basically by backing her into a puddle and electrocuting away. Oddly enough, once the daddy was dead the lil girl was nowhere to be found. I THINK the girl has to be in the vicinity for you to be able to harvest her Adam.

Neways, I'm doing it over and this time just doing the ol' straf and run routine.

So far though, no glitches and a GREAT game. I wish it had app. controlled AA though.

Comment

I decided to use my mind and see if there was an easy way to take down the Big Daddy. Slugging it out can be a wasteful use of resources which I wanted to avoid. So here is what I came up with:

1) Find an area where the Big Daddy frequents.
                      2) Use telekinesis and transport explosives to the selected area.
                      3) Arm your grenade launcher and wait for you target to approach your stockpile.
                      4) When the target is right on top of the pile, hit the target with your grenade. The explosion will set off the stockpile and deal additional damage.
                      5) Proceed to apply additional force to take down a weakened opponent.

Laying down gas tanks in narrow corridor:

Adding bags of fertilizer to the pile:

Waiting for your target:

My stockpile consisted of 3 gas tanks and 3 bags of fertilizer. After the first grenade and explosion, the Big Daddy was down to about 25% health. Some electro zaps and three more grenades finished the fight. Waaaaaaay more easier than my last few encounters. :row__577: I'm curious as to how big a pile I need for a kill shot. This is why I love this game, so many ways to kill your opponents.
                      -33rd- BaneII
                      Smokers & Jokers

Comment

thanks for suckering me in guys with all the screenies and such. Now I have to go out and buy this....thanks...the old lady will be pleased to find me Bioshocking away when she gets home from work.... The look on her face will be priceless though. :icon26:
                        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

This game looks amazing. Unfortunately I don't have an XBOX 360 right now and my PC is on the fritz. What I really want to know is how do the Little Sister and Big Daddy fit into the game and plot? Who are they? Where did they come from?

Comment

I pretty far into it, about a little past halfway. I just got past Arcadia and into some kind of theater. Easiest way to take down big Daddies for me -

- Hypnotize them (once you get the plasmid) and have em go fight a bunch of dudes to get at little of their health down.
                            - Get the increased damage for the nade launcher
                            - Lay down 2 or 3 proximity nades near him
                            - Switch to frags
                            - Launch 2 or 3 at him
                            - No more big daddy

The nades cost some $ but not too much and you usually find them around. As long as you dont use em on regular enemies, you should have plenty. I find enrage to be on of the best plasmids. Most of the time theres more than one enemy in a room. Throw some enrage and sit back and grab some popcorn. Specially if a big daddy is in the vicinity.

Comment

I use shock over and over, and switch to explosive rounds, or the 'nade launcher.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X