LoL! more bioshock problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoL! more bioshock problems

You can only install the game twice and then it locks you out. Basically like saying, please pirate this because honest consumers will get screwed.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/more-biosho...ice-292222.php

Re: LoL! more bioshock problems

Originally posted by Relmar View Post
    You can only install the game twice and then it locks you out. Basically like saying, please pirate this because honest consumers will get screwed.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/more-biosho...ice-292222.php
    Go read the edit reply. If you uninstall the game, it frees up one of your installations. In other words, if you want to reformat your computer, just be sure to uninstall Bioshock properly first and you'll still be free to reinstall the game as much as you'd like into two computers.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations View Post
      Go read the edit reply. If you uninstall the game, it frees up one of your installations. In other words, if you want to reformat your computer, just be sure to uninstall Bioshock properly first and you'll still be free to reinstall the game as much as you'd like into two computers.

Alright, I read the edit. It's still absurd that you gotta call securom to get it deactivated if, say, your harddrive crashes or some ****. This reeks of microsoft activations.

Comment

Pretty cool though, you install two copies at once.

Comment

Here's a permanent fix to the problem:

http://www.hongfire.com/cg/data/25/Pirate1.swf
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
            Here's a permanent fix to the problem:

http://www.hongfire.com/cg/data/25/Pirate1.swf
            LMFAO

Love the different take on the Lazy Town song. Much better with this animation.

Comment

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6979

How many computers can I activate this game on at once?
              2K increased the maximum computers you can install the game simultaneously on from 2 to 5. We are also preparing a new “revoke application” that will allow you to de-authorize computers so that you may move the game to another computer without "using up" one of these activations. This increase in the limit will cover most users' issues, and the revoke application should alleviate remaining concerns. Of course, if you still experience any issues, please feel free to contact support.

Found this somewhere, everyone is still so hostile and mad...ish

"Is man not entitled to the game he buys?
              NO, says the man at SecuRom. It belongs to 2K.
              NO, says the man at 2K. It belongs to us.
              NO, says the man at Microsoft. It belongs to our license purchasers.

I rejected those answers.

Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...piracy! Where the gamer would not be censored, where the PC owner would not be bound by petty encryption, where the buyer would not be constrained by corporate greed. And with the downloading of your torrents, piracy could become your salvation."
              Last edited by UnDeaD; 08-24-2007, 01:28 AM.

Comment

They have reason to be hostile. We need to show these companies that we won't stand for this kind of trash.

Comment

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=6951&Itemid=2

Man, I don't care..I love these guys for making my day better with this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Relmar View Post
                    They have reason to be hostile. We need to show these companies that we won't stand for this kind of trash.
                    Well, buy it or don't buy it, they can do what they wish with their products. If you really don't like it, don't purchase the license to use the product on your computer.

Aside from some audio problems, the game works perfectly for me. It's been a while since I've played such a bug-free game at launch. That, and it's just freaking fantastic.
                    Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

It's a good game but it's hard to support a game that's got developers/publishers making bad decisions all over the place.

If I worked at Securom and someone said, "Hey, I know how to stop pirates. Let's restrict game installations to 2. Don't worry, they can install as many times as long as they uninstall one of the first two copies."

Sarc's response: "Who hired you?! What if somebody's computer is corrupted and they reformat? How do they uninstall the game now? We need a method of allowing users to deregister an install without actually having to uninstall the game. And we'd better be up front about how many concurrent installations are allowed. Honest users aren't going to be happy if they find out the limit the hard way."

It's like they got a bunch of yes-men working at Securom.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I crash after 10 mintues of playing now. Worked great up until a few days ago when its crashing every 2 seconds. Might not be the game though...stalker crashes after 10 mintues too. I hate my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
                          I crash after 10 mintues of playing now. Worked great up until a few days ago when its crashing every 2 seconds. Might not be the game though...stalker crashes after 10 mintues too. I hate my computer.
                          Your PSU working okay? Maybe overheating?
                          Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

Run it on XP, copy all your saves over, I've not crashed ONE time. I'm getting to the end of the game as well.

Comment

im definately not overheating. I run bf2 just fine...played about 2 hrs last night. PSU is fine. I really cant pinpoint what it is. screw it...im buildin a new rig and buyin bioshock for the 360

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X