Bio Shock the first few hours.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio Shock the first few hours.

Well seeing all the good reviews on gameing sites and people here a TG, I thought I would pick this up. At first was worried about some problem with the game due to a number of horror stories. Downloaded through steam, installed no problems. Cool good so far. Lets start up the game on hard mode(hey if it isn't hard it isn't fun right?) Neat looking setting kinda wacky 50ish style. Its a break from your standard fps which 9 times out of 10 are some military or futurist sci fi theme. The little radio diaries, the televisions and espically the monologs by the characters befor you kill them goes a long way towards emersion and story telling. That little girl is the best. Gameplay so far has been a mixed bag. Look momma I've got a lighting hand, ok been done befor some what intresing but I don't know. Weapons are same old same old you get to upgrade them. Actuall fights are kinda lame. Not to intense and repetative. No great AI like you would find in FEAR just run at you and smash, but they don't have the good jump and get ya feeling like you would have in something like doom, just seems to easy.

If I had to give it a rating it would have to be 7/10. This might seem low to some but let me explain. So far the only reason I find to play the game is the story, not a bad thing but in my book gameplay comes first and BioShock is rather lacking. Anyways take it as you will.

Re: Bio Shock the first few hours.

Not to take away from how well implemented the AI in FEAR is, but I always get a chuckle when it's used as an example of "Great AI" when you consider how stupid the AI really is. In fact, it's probably the farthest from "Smart" AI we've seen out of any game that care to actually attempt to code it.

Is BioShock worth the cost? That's what I want to know. I had considered the 360 version, but I'd much rather have access to my mouse and keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
      Is BioShock worth the cost? That's what I want to know. I had considered the 360 version, but I'd much rather have access to my mouse and keyboard.
      Demo it and find out, me personally this is one of thoses I should have wated for when the game came down to 30-40 dollars.

Comment

I give it a 9.5/10. I'm not on the hype train, I really do think its that innovative.

Comment

I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.. Its a great game overall, but having played the previous Shock games, it just doesnt deliver quite the same feeling or depth.
          TG Regular
          TGU Staff
          ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
          Evil Koala
          LeftSkidLow

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
            I give it a 9.5/10. I'm not on the hype train, I really do think its that innovative.
            Same here. The last game I bought was Stalker and even I didn't finish that. That just seemed boring in the middle parts. So for me I'm pretty much BF2 only. Except when I started playing this. The past 2 nights I've probably played it around 3 hours each night. I know it's good, at least to me, because I'm anxious to start playing it again. The graphics, story, and atmosphere is second to none.

Wait until you fight the Big Daddies. I'm sure you'll find them a little more challenging. I know it took me about 3 retries to kill the first one you encounter.

Comment

Hopefully it'll go on sale for $40.00 in the not too distant future on steam. I don't sense a lot of re playability once you know how the story ends.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

It is $40 at Circuit City.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...&cm_keycode=85

Comment

I thought the AI was supposed to be the next big thing. Since it isn't scripted.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X