Half Life replay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life replay

With the next installment of Half Life here in about five weeks I thought it might be a good time to replay the series and freshen my memory of the story and game play.

Anyone else re playing the series?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Half Life replay

good call...i think i just might

Comment

I never played HL1 but I didn't find HL2 very confusing. I tried to play HL1 shortly after finishing HL2 but I just couldn't get into it. I was too spoiled by the fancy physics and graphics of HL2. :p

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
        I never played HL1 but I didn't find HL2 very confusing. I tried to play HL1 shortly after finishing HL2 but I just couldn't get into it. I was too spoiled by the fancy physics and graphics of HL2. :p
        Exactly my problem. And I even tried to play HL:Source!

Comment

Spoiled by fancy graphics, eh? I have to say, I have the same problem with many games. If you're looking for some way around that with HL, google "Black Mesa" to find an amazing remake of HL1, probably due out in '08. As far as a replay goes, I'll probably be too busy with World In Conflict and Crysis, but might work it in.

Back to being spoiled with fancy graphics, BG1/2 are two of the only games that I can really enjoy with outdated graphics. But, since they are the definition of perfection, I don't mind.
          Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

Graphics are third or fourth on my list when it comes to (re) playing any game.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Well, I tried to get into HL1's story and what-not but I didn't really see what was so good about the game. It felt like any old shooter. I think it's just overrated.

HL2 was good and I appreciated the clever use of the physics to create simple puzzles. The graphics were good but it also got me into the story because the characters looked much more real due to animations and higher detailed models.

I've replayed Fallout 2 and that's at 800x600 with low res textures. It's a great game, not because of the graphics, because of the story and interaction with characters. HL1 just didn't really have that for me and there aren't any good graphics to keep me semi-interested. Games like Call of Duty or Medal of Honor might hook me on graphics but I sure won't rave about how great the game play is. Some games are great for a play once and some games are played over and over.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas Ender View Post
                Back to being spoiled with fancy graphics, BG1/2 are two of the only games that I can really enjoy with outdated graphics. But, since they are the definition of perfection, I don't mind.

If you really love BG1/2 then you really need to check out two Mods.

BG Tutu
                Unfinished Business

can check them out here http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/

We now return you to your regular scheduled thread. :D
                It's all in the Reflexes.

Comment

I recently played through HL2 and Episode One with my son, so I'm ready for the Black Box!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

any sites doing preorders yet?

Comment

im sure youll be able to soon on steam. Im sure you could go to gamestop and pre order with them if you want a hard copy

Comment

The best part about Half Life was Killing the security guards and scientists. I don't recall there being any point to the game when I played it... Was there ever a plot in any of the Half-Life games?

Comment

Aye, big plot in 2, not so much in 1. The only issue is, you have to kinda go out of your way to listen/find out the plot. The setting for 2 is really what did it for me, the whole post-apolcolapse nightmare.

Comment

I don't recall the plot for HL 2 anymore, but I do recall being frustrated by the ending again. And who else found the end "boss" to be too easy? Actually, the whole final level was way too easy.

*pondering* Maybe I should bump up the difficulty and try it again - but then I would have to deal with those annoying sand bugs again. Dilemma.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

I have replayed HL1 and 2 a few months back. I did not replay, they hunger, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, USS Darkstar. The again, once in a while I treat myself to Quake2 (BFG10K FTW!)

Call me nostalgic.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X