Medal of Honor Airborne HELP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal of Honor Airborne HELP!!

I went and bought me a copy of MOHA today.. Totally stoked about the game after playing the demo for a couple days.

Well, then I opened the package and inserted into my DVD drive and my Rig rebooted:row__639:

After trying everything I could think of I went to EAs forums to find a thread 6 pages long, all people ranting about not being able to install the game. By the time I got to page 4 the thread was 8 pages.. So I skipped to page 6 to see BlackHatAA saying he had updated the/his first post with help tips.

After reading most of this it seems that most people who DLd the game have it freeze up during install... Borked file.
    If you DL the game and have problems.. Well good luck, they are asking for rig system spec, firewalls, antivir and installed game info on their forums... here..
    http://forums.ea.com/mboards/forum.jspa?forumID=176

And the DVD hardcopy has a borked .exe ... at least some do(mine).. try ..
    Start ... run .. D:\EASetup.exe –logfile C:\moha_install. txt
    Change the D: to whatever your dvd drive is.

If not try everything posted in the first post.. MINUS reformatting

The thread is now 10 pages :/ EA wins again.

Mine is finally installing.:row__631:

EDIT.. But it rolled back at the end of install.. :/ Now the first post is completely different.. ALL the previous "fixes" are gone.. Just telling us to turn off our firewalls, install service pack2.. blah.. maybe tomorrow.
    Last edited by ANGELofDEATH; 09-05-2007, 10:37 PM. Reason: because I want to cry
    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
    E Pluribus Unum
    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Re: Medal of Honor Airborne HELP!!

I went to BB today, at 1:19pm, and it had not arrived yet, the guy said it would be there at 2pm, but I never got a chance to go back and get it. I'll be picking it up tomorrow hopefully. I heard the MP was fun, but limited to 12 players (wth?)

Comment

Well, gf bought it today before going to work, and brought it home just now. I popped in the dvd, and boom restarts my computer. Yay. EA does win again.

Comment

I was going to buy this tomorrow. I think I'll skip the headache.

Comment

Bummer too, I enjoyed the demo quite a bit.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Actually Angel, I used that command line and it took awhile, but it just finished installing, and I started it up to make sure. It's working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
              I went to BB today, at 1:19pm, and it had not arrived yet, the guy said it would be there at 2pm, but I never got a chance to go back and get it. I'll be picking it up tomorrow hopefully. I heard the MP was fun, but limited to 12 players (wth?)
              Consoles FTL.

i think I best just return it to amazon. They ran out of copies and couldn't send me one. They only ended up sending me the preorder box so I will just return it. I need more money for DS games/books since I am going to Colombia for atleast a month.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

MP is pretty decent. Nothing special, maybe the COD2 fans will like it a bit more.

Comment

Ok, I'm really liking it more that I play. The larger maps are much better, and room to breath. So far..I've only played two large maps.

Comment

Well, again spent another two hours trying every tip/hint in the book.. Last night I had tried updating Windows SP2 (that seems to be borked, at least for me).. So I DLd the full WinSP2 for pros today and installed it....
                    BAM it worked. Installed.
                    E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                      Well, again spent another two hours trying every tip/hint in the book.. Last night I had tried updating Windows SP2 (that seems to be borked, at least for me).. So I DLd the full WinSP2 for pros today and installed it....
                      BAM it worked. Installed.
                      Nice. I'll be on mp for a bit. I suppose its hard to hook up right now, as no dedicated server support, but my username is morethanben69 in game.

Comment

BUT it still reboots when starting the game. :/

Undead.. Do you have an ATI card or nVidia.. maybe it is my Vcard.
                        E Pluribus Unum

Comment

I Finally got it working.. The game relies on all the newest drivers/updates for everything you can think of.. SP2, video ,sound... probably need updates for your mouse if they are available :D

Also before buying the game make sure your video card is supported by the game. here is part of the read me from the game files.

System Requirements
                          ================================================== ================

REQUIRED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:

OS: Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista (32-bit; 64-bit versions of
                          Windows Vista are not supported)

CPU (Single Core): Intel P4 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 2800+ for
                          Windows XP / Intel P4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 3800+ for Windows
                          Vista

RAM: 1 GB for Windows XP / 1 GB for Windows Vista

Disk Drive*: 8X or faster DVD-ROM drive

Hard Drive: 9 GB or more of free space

Note: 64 bit versions of Windows are not supported

Video: DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT, ATI Radeon
                          X1300 Pro, or better with Shader 3.0 support for Windows XP or
                          Vista (Note: NVIDIA 6800XT, 6800LE, 7100GS, 7200GS, 7200LE,
                          7300GS, 7300GT cards not supported). NOTE: NVIDIA SLI and ATI Crossfire modes are not supported
                          in Medal of Honor Airborne.

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Note: For Creative
                          Sound Blaster Audigy cards running under Windows Vista you should expect
                          lower performance)

Multiplayer: 2 to 12 players, Internet connection required (Cable, DSL, or faster connection)

RECOMMENDED MULTIPLAYER HOSTING SPECIFICATIONS:

OS: Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista (32-bit; 64-bit versions of
                          Windows Vista are not supported)

CPU (Single Core): Intel P4 3.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 3400+ for
                          Windows XP / Intel P4 3.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 4200+ for Windows
                          Vista

RAM: 1 GB for Windows XP / 1 GB for Windows Vista

Disk Drive*: 8X or faster DVD-ROM drive

Hard Drive: 9 GB or more of free space

Video: DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT, ATI Radeon
                          X1300 Pro, or better with Shader 3.0 support for Windows XP or
                          Vista (Note: NVIDIA 6800XT, 6800LE, 7100GS, 7200GS, 7200LE,
                          7300GS, 7300GT cards not supported). NOTE: NVIDIA SLI and ATI Crossfire modes are not supported
                          in Medal of Honor Airborne.

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Note: For Creative
                          Sound Blaster Audigy cards running under Windows Vista you should expect
                          lower performance)

Multiplayer: 2 to 12 players, Internet connection required (Cable, DSL, or faster connection)
                          E Pluribus Unum

Comment

I'm on a 8800GTS 320MB card.

Comment

it sux if youre runnin a 64 bit os, you can even play the damn game lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X