Fortress Forever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever has finally been released.

If you haven't heard of it, it's a mod project meant to recreate TFC in the Source engine (with much fewer changes to core gameplay than TF2)

It's gonna be difficult for it to hold its own against TF2, but it holding true to TFC may help it stand out a bit.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/

Direct download link: http://www.game-deception.org/FF/FortressForever.exe
    Last edited by Satertek; 09-15-2007, 07:29 PM.

Re: Fortress Forever

I'll give it a shot.

Comment

I am heavy weapons guy,

Seriously that mini gun destroys everything. I went on so many rampages and dominations with it last night

Comment

I love this. If TF2 is like this, or better, which I know they made alot of changes. It will be greatness.
        Last edited by UnDeaD; 09-15-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

fortress forever is basically just a port of tfc to source. TF2 is to a degree with the same map layouts for nostalgia's sake, but with a lot different graphic and gameplay tweaks. As fun as fortress forever is, TF2 is gonna own...at least I think so ;)

Comment

No, FF is not a port. There have been a lot of changes, improvements and tweaks.

I'd love to get a lot of the TG members involved with FF as having mature team oriented players is the way to go.

Please visit our site/forums or visit us on mIRC - irc.gamesurge.net and irc.quakenet.org #FortressForever.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

even though im sure FF is as fun or more fun than original tfc, you gotta admit, its kinda bad timing with TF2 beta out next week as well as full retail next month. Some people might prefer it over tf2 and thats great, and releasing now will only build the hype machine for tf2, i just think it wouldve done better having been released earlier (ie. summer). This is all my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
                even though im sure FF is as fun or more fun than original tfc, you gotta admit, its kinda bad timing with TF2 beta out next week as well as full retail next month. Some people might prefer it over tf2 and thats great, and releasing now will only build the hype machine for tf2, i just think it wouldve done better having been released earlier (ie. summer). This is all my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
                No salt needed, you are correct. The FF Devs are all volunteers. They range from high school kids to programmers that have done this for years. Getting FF done at all took a LOT of hard work and a lot of team members. Real-life claimed more than a few necessary positions on the team. Those members would then have to get replaced by new members. FF was only now ready for release. Oddly, we announced it to release on Monday the 17th. The next day, Valve announced the same date (no tin-foil hats necessary). The devs gave up sleep for about a week and got the game out a few days faster.

The FF team knows that TF2 and Valve are the Giants. FF could never hope to reach as many people. FF just focused on "fixing" what was wrong with TFC, adding a few features and making the game more newb friendly. Hopefully the community will grow.

Comment

well than cheers i do think you accomplished that. Good job on the mod...you guys did work hard on it and it looks like it was well recieved.

Comment

well than cheers i do think you accomplished that. Good job on the mod...you guys did work hard on it and it looks like it was well recieved.
                    Agreed, I enjoyed it, to be honest, it was my first experience with Team fortress style "mod".

Comment

I enjoying the engineer class quite a bit, setting up sentry's are very fun. I also like how the sniper takes a bit more skill to use, not just being able to aim and shoot. Having to charge up the shot or a instant kill is nice. I've already found myself putting in a few hours already.

Comment

youve missed out on countless fun hours on the original tfc...oh the memories of chaos on dustbowl...

Comment

youve missed out on countless fun hours on the original tfc...oh the memories of chaos on dustbowl...
                          Your right, but I was proably playing dreamcast back then.

Comment

Ive never played any Team Fortresses But im downloading Fortress forever and got Team fortress reserved so i hope I like it everyone says its fun.

Hope to see you all on Fortress Forever
                            |TG| Plude220

Comment

Totally missed this thread until now. My TF2 jones is continuing unabated since I can't get the damn game to run, so I'm gonna give this one a shot.

Reading all these descriptions of TF2 games so far has me nostalgic for the old Q3 TF days. This should be a good fix in the meantime.
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X