Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If testing Crysis in Vista: force DX10 mode.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If testing Crysis in Vista: force DX10 mode.

I don't believe this falls under the NDA, just an FYI: Vista users can force DX10 mode by going to the games folder, right-clicking on the Crysis icon and choosing the DX10 option.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: If testing Crysis in Vista: force DX10 mode.

doesnt really make a difference for me it still runs like poo

Comment

Definitely not a very stable game right now. They've got some work to do. Granted, we're still 3 months away from release.

Anyone else have to DL that Vista memory allocation update? Is that crap going to screw up my box?

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
        Definitely not a very stable game right now. They've got some work to do. Granted, we're still 3 months away from release.

Anyone else have to DL that Vista memory allocation update? Is that crap going to screw up my box?
        I downloaded the memory allocation update on my 32bit Vista Buisness box. Works fine. Give me your Crysis Beta key and I'll test how Crysis runs with it.

Comment

It's also worth noting that the highly touted über-destructible environment is currently only turned on for the DX10 mode. Also, the latest nVidia WHQL release has a few fixes specifically for the Crysis MP beta.
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

Aye, multiplayer destructive environments is to be a DX10 server only deal.

I hope I'm gonna get a key from inCrysis...

Comment

Copy that. I was just saying in another thread how it's a slide show with an x1950 512MB / 3 GB RAM / AMD3500 / Vista Ult

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
              doesnt really make a difference for me it still runs like poo

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty heavy on hardware. Running @ 1920x1200 with everything on with a 8800GTX is pretty good except when driving--then the frame drops enough that it makes driving difficult. Also, don't forget that there is still a lot of debugging code running, so that alone will slow things down appreciably.

Oh, and as for the destructible environment--it seems all the test servers currently have them turned off at the moment. So, no wood-chopping for now.
                Twisted Firestarter
                a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'm sure the debug code has an impact on peformance. My understanding from some of the of forums is that you should even expect to play at least two full games before all the textures get cached onto your machine. Anyway, I've tried "playing" on both low and medium settings at 1024 x 768 and it's still pretty bad. I'm not sure what fps, but it's not above 30.

Forcing directx10 (if that's even really possible) would be insane at this stage.

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                  Also, don't forget that there is still a lot of debugging code running, so that alone will slow things down appreciably.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|HansBrix View Post
                    Forcing directx10 (if that's even really possible) would be insane at this stage.
                    I've seen several posts by devs which indicate a lot of Vista users have seen framerate improvements in DX10 mode.
                    Twisted Firestarter
                    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                    sigpic

Comment

Also game is in November, weeks/months away from gold plus its beta and we have many many fixes to come so don't hit that panic button just yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                        Aye, multiplayer destructive environments is to be a DX10 server only deal.

I hope I'm gonna get a key from inCrysis...
                        So if you don't have Vista your SOL? Cause I am waiting to upgrade (my computer Vista ready) b/c of Vista bugs.

Comment

to those in the beta, HUSH!. Everything and ANYTHING related to the beta being discussed is Violation of the NDA, if Crytek or EA sees it you could be gone from the beta. carefull what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by LordMeatwad View Post
                            So if you don't have Vista your SOL? Cause I am waiting to upgrade (my computer Vista ready) b/c of Vista bugs.
                            Basically, though I wouldn't consider it SOL, should prove to be a great game from what I've read alone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X