No announcement yet.

Half Life: Episode 2 - Spoiler Thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life: Episode 2 - Spoiler Thread!

I'll be posting more soon - those spitting Ant Lions are a real pain!
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Half Life: Episode 2 - Spoiler Thread!

Played for 10 mins this morning. I'm killing every little hunter I see if Alyx dies!

Comment

Wow is all I can say. This was easily the best game in the entire series even though it only took 7 hours for me to complete. Everything from story to graphics to sounds were absolutely perfectly in sync for the entire story.

Best game ever. If you don't feel like you are really part of the story by the end, single player games just aren't for you.

Comment

Thats what I love about the Half-Life series, it really reaches out and grabs you. Definitely one set of games I can go back and actually get a feel for the characters, they did a great job with their interactions and whatnot. People always talk about how they want a movie; the game's a movie almost!

Comment

Having a bit of trouble with the strider attack on the silo. Seems like the easiest way to take out all the hunters is to hit them with the car. Just one hunter means those sticky bombs don't have a chance. I cruised through the game, but this part is frustrating me.

I thought Alyx was pretty hot until the vort's started with the 'lives are bonded together' stuff. Now I feel like I'm married already and I'm looking around to see if there are any other chicks available. Dammit, you're suffocating me here!
          The Dirty

Comment

Started playing it last night and love it so far! And yes, those acid lions are a pain in the arse!

Best... series of games... ever. Period. Half-Life to Episode 2 (and I'm sure 3) are simply amazing!

()

Comment

easiest way for me to kill the striders...kill the hunters fast. Use up rockets, use up your 203 launcher (or whatever it is), and use those insta kill plasma balls. If two are close together, itll kill both of em with one ball. Use the big logs laying around...their everywhere. Just take em out as fast as possible. Then take aim with the sticky bombs and launch em! the closer you are the less you have to adjust your aim. Try to drive your car around behind them where they cant shoot you, get off, and launch a sticky bomb from the back of your car.

There is a shack near the beginning near the base on the right side that respawns shotty ammo, health and energy for your suit. Thats the best place to mount a defense especially near the end. And above all - SAVE AFTER EVER STRIDER YOU KILL. Makes it a lot less fustrating. Good luck.

Comment

The hunters are a snap, use the million or so logs/rocks/propane tanks laying around to just waste them quickly. Use a single rocket to draw them into "clubbing range" then it should take 2 logs/rocks/propane tanks to kill it.

Engage them as far from the Silo as possible. Kill 1 hunter, get your health back up, kill the other, kill the strider. Always try and kill a hunter before the strider gets within range of the silo.

Comment

The car is the only way to take out all the striders before they destroy all the buildings ;) .. I still havent gotten that award but I got realll close.. only the one by the cranes got hit...... I have a feeling thats gonna be one of the toughest accomplishment to get. My time is a bit longer cuz I reloaded some stories to try to nab more awards.. :)

I cant believe noone said anything about the gore.... I LOVED it!! So much blood and ... whatever taht other stuff is spewing from the hunters lol.. Thats definatly the bloodiest HL so far... you could actually tell when you are hurting somthing.. too damn kool. This one I will play again for sure. Best out of the HL2 series... by far.. so far.
                  Dizlor

Comment

Anyone know how the hell you kill a hunter with its own flechettes? This achievement is bugging me.

edit: never mind. Did some googling on it and found my answer. You have to grab an object with the grav gun and hold it in front of you and bait the hunter into shooting them at you. You block them with the object and toss it at the hunter, exploding, and possibly killing it.

Comment

Another method for taking out the hunters quickly I found while listening to the commentary...

Run them over.

For the buildings, I think the sawmill is a lost cause, it gets destroyed instantly when wave#2 comes.

Ep3 has a long way to go to top this one, but after checking out the commentary, I have zero doubts they will find a way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
                        Ep3 has a long way to go to top this one, but after checking out the commentary, I have zero doubts they will find a way to do it.
                        Thats exactly what I thought after I finished Ep.1 .. and I wasnt disappointed in the slightest bit..
                        Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
                          For the buildings, I think the sawmill is a lost cause, it gets destroyed instantly when wave#2 comes.
                          It's not a lost cause. I got the achievement for saving all the buildings last night. What you need to do is let the first Strider get close to the saw mill so that your distance to the second one is reduced. The first one is one of the tall ones that don't go for destroying the buildings right away. The short fast moving ones are the pain-in-the-asses that make this achievement hard. Also, point your car in the direction the second one comes. Pre-load your car with a bomb. Destroy the first strider with a seperate bomb (the bombs keep respawning so make use of this).

Another hard part of this achievement is when one strider spawns at the water tower and then right after one spawns at the crane. That one that comes from the crane is a fast mover that's hellbent on destroying a building, so ignore the water tower one and go for it first.

And save constantly, because you can screw it all up by missing your shot on a fast mover.

Comment

I don't "save" in these games. I play from where the auto-save is if I cannot complete the level.

Comment

Masochist.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X