Carmack on Doom 3 - Vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmack on Doom 3 - Vehicles

One thing I haven't liked from the vids of HL2 and Doom 3 is the lack of vehicles. The following is a quote from a recent interview with Carmack:

We've got some neat things where you can control some big machines and do some cool stuff, but it is still a 'running a person around, shooting at things in the world' game, and I didn't want to make it anything other than that. We have vehicle code in there that I know Splash Damage is playing with and making buggies and stuff fly around, but I'm most mistrustful of adding that sort of thing.
    Even if you don't agree that Doom 3 will be great, you gotta know there will be some good games come out of the engine. I'm VERY happy to see that he is including vehicle support. I think BF1942 has set a new standard in FPS and hope to see more like it. I can only imagine what BF1942 would look like in a Doom 3 or HL2 engine. :shock:
    flux
    [tg-c1]

hahahah so freaking true!

UT2k4 has vehicles in it. From what I have read, its being called BF42 with better graphics.

Comment

never much cared for he Unreal engines. but you know i'll have to try it out ;)
      flux
      [tg-c1]

Comment

Re: Carmack on Doom 3 - Vehicles

Originally posted by [gc]flux
        One thing I haven't liked from the vids of HL2 and Doom 3 is the lack of vehicles.
        Lack of vehicles in HL2? Didn't you watch that video with the buggy on the beach. Take it from me, its a tonn of fun to drive around, running over aliens and bad-guy soldiers :D
        I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
          One thing I haven't liked from the vids of HL2 and Doom 3 is the lack of vehicles.
          Lack of vehicles in HL2? Didn't you watch that video with the buggy on the beach. Take it from me, its a tonn of fun to drive around, running over aliens and bad-guy soldiers :D
          Oh yeah it is, if you have a uber PC to play it..

Comment

Not really required. Granted I have a decent system now, but its not Uber L33t.

AMD 2800 Barton
            1 GB ram
            128 Radeon

I can run it at full detail, 1024*768, no framerate lag. And thats on Alpha/Beta code.
            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

I think BF1942 has set a new standard in FPS and hope to see more like it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X