Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2 Mod: Insurgency!

http://www.insurgencymod.net/

VERY interesting, in that you have to earn leadership points in order to take certain roles within the game. You wanna be a sniper? You can't do that until you reach a certain rank. Wanna be the commander? Same thing. Riflemen, corpsmen and support roles, for example, are available to the newbies...

This mod sounds like it's right up TG's alley!

Originally posted by www.InsurgencyMod.net
    The modern battlefield has witnessed many engagements between Guerrilla and Conventional forces. Insurgency will bring these fights to an online multiplayer battlefield using Valve's Source Technology from Half-Life 2. Engage in past, present, and fictional infantry battles throughout the world. From the Balkans to Iraq to Chechnya, join as either an Unconventional or Conventional team that caters to both casual and tactical gamers.

Intense realism will keep you alert as you and your team seeks out to accomplish the mission's objectives. Specified roles are included within each Squad that make up your team's Platoon. Command and control from a 4-soldier Fireteam, to an 8-soldier Squad, up to a 32-soldier Platoon. A unique point system will ensure that online combat veterans will be rewarded for their leadership and tactical abilities so that they can rise through the ranks and command the platoon. The conventional teams are designed to cater to tactical gamers -- those who use real tactics, demonstrate leadership, and use teamwork.

Grab a hold of an RPG-7 or other weapons in the arsenal and join the fight using guerrilla tactics against the powerful enemy. Ride in a technical with a mounted machine gun, fire RPGs at enemy infantry and vehicles, or set up a machine gun to ambush the enemy. The unconventional teams are designed to cater to casual gamers -- those who use hit and run tactics, lone wolf players, and regular FPS players.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: HL2 Mod: Insurgency!

I'm playing the demo abit now. Is anyone gettin' serious about HL2?
    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
      Getting serious? :icon_lol:

Comment

Well, we've had a HL2 multiplayer game here at TG for a couple of months now... We're trying to convert people to our tactical style of play, and it's slowly but surely changing the way we want it to. We've got new members here due to HL2, though and I think it will only become more popular!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
          Getting serious? :icon_lol:
          That's kinda what I thought, but it hasn't really been my favorite style of game in the past. I just bought a new vid card online last night and it comes with HL2 so I'm sure I'll see you all there.
          New to TG?

Comment

That's kinda what I thought, but it hasn't really been my favorite style of game in the past. I just bought a new vid card online last night and it comes with HL2 so I'm sure I'll see you all there.
            Doesn't the mod in this thread sound good, though. The first thing I thought of was that this could be the game that brings the HL and the GR people together here!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              Doesn't the mod in this thread sound good, though. The first thing I thought of was that this could be the game that brings the HL and the GR people together here!
              It does sound interesting. Definitely worth a look.
              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X