I Give Up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Give Up!

Warning: This post is a rant. Read at your own risk!

Well, yet again no one shows up for BFDC night. Well, I shouldn't say no one. Apo and I were there. I know why Asch couldn't make it. Now mind you I am not pointing the finger at anyone or placing blame anywhere. I am merely voicing my frustration.

Since the post regarding the official BFDC night, I have been to almost every one. I'm not patting myself on the back or giving myself kudos, I am just stating a fact. I understand that we all have lives and things come up. I just can't figure out why no one shows up. Not even pubbies. Maybe there is no interest in BFDC anymore. That can't be because I see other servers full or at least with players. Maybe there is no interest amongst the TG community. That is probably partially true. It seems to be the same people showing interest but I can count the number of BFDC supporters on one hand. That's not very many.

Now I understand that there are thousands of servers out there and we are just one of those. However, if we can't get anyone to show up then as far as I am concerned it is a waste of server space to run a game that no one wants to play. Maybe the people in charge should just shut down the BFDC server and the BFV server and provision them for a different game. Maybe more CS or NS servers would be good. Or Half-Life 2. Who knows.

Some of you reading this may say: "What have you done to promote the server?" Hey I think I've posted this kind of stuff in a previous post. I have done absolutely nothing. I figure if we can get people(TG or non-TG) on pretty consistently then the old word of mouth thing will work. Maybe I'm wrong. Not to get nostalgic or anything, but I remember just less than a year ago when we had enough players to make it worth while to show up. Now....not so much.

So in closing. All I have to say is read the title of this post. That's right folks, I am taking my BFDC and going home. I won't be showing up to the "official" BFDC night anymore. Apo, if you want to take my BFDC and BFV admin rights away, feel free to. Based on the lack of players, I have a feeling I won't be needing them.

As of right now, I still believe part of what Wyz's signature says. I still enjoy the people and TG community. It's the in-game teamwork that I haven't been able to see lately. So I'll still be around but I probably won't be playing any games with the community because the one game that I truly enjoy, isn't enjoyable anymore. All I do after every "official" BFDC night is log off disgusted wanting to post a rant.

[volun]

Re: I Give Up!

I feel for you, man. I'm extremely frustrated with not being able to get BF to work. When it was working, I was frustrated with my lack of time to play and the lack of other players.

I don't know what else to say. It's a great game. I still think it's better than any other game hosted here at TG. I feel guilty because the server seemed to die when I went on an extended business trip and it just never came back...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      I feel guilty because the server seemed to die when I went on an extended business trip and it just never came back...
      I'm sure it wasn't entirely your fault. ;)

[volun]

Comment

I feel your pain Killer. BF is still my favorite game. When the server started to spiral downward, I kept the hope up that once the sunny weather disappeared that people would start showing up again. It never happened. I feel bad that I haven't been able to make BFDC night recently.

I think with the new games that have been released (BFV, HL2, CS:S, etc.) that folks just wanted to play games elsewhere. While there are quite a few BF servers still out there, the number has drastically decreased from what I can see. I think we'll need a good base of TG players to start drawing attention from public players. If it's just public players on, then it will be harder to promote the TG style of play.

I can't argue against pulling the server out and using it for other games since some seem to be skyrocketing with players. There's no reason to waste a perfectly good server.

Maybe we have to let BF die out until the release of BF2 in the next few months.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

What bf mod do you guys normally have the server running? I think I may play with you guys since I have BF, BF:V, and BF:DC. I havent tried to play BF with TG teamwork, but I bet it would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by T_BEAR
            What bf mod do you guys normally have the server running? I think I may play with you guys since I have BF, BF:V, and BF:DC. I havent tried to play BF with TG teamwork, but I bet it would be cool.
            As of right now we have DC Final installed for BF1942. We also run a BFV server. See the BFV forum for the schedule.

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
              I'm sure it wasn't entirely your fault. ;)
              No, but I know it was partially my fault and the timing of everything made it seem like it was all my fault...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

So right now it sounds like we have only a few ppl interested in playing DC and it's going to be difficult getting those few together all at one time. So far I see JO and CS:S taking most of the players away from DC, even on the specified game night.

Ideas?
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know if we try to have a tourney like what they did for The Badger Hunt in GR or not. Maybe that would drum up some business. Maybe we could try to get some prizes donated or maybe comp a month's worth of membership. I am just throwing out ideas so don't think I am trying to spend TG's money all by myself without any say so from Apophis.

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
                    I don't know if we try to have a tourney like what they did for The Badger Hunt in GR or not. Maybe that would drum up some business. Maybe we could try to get some prizes donated or maybe comp a month's worth of membership. I am just throwing out ideas so don't think I am trying to spend TG's money all by myself without any say so from Apophis.
                    Whatcya got in mind?

You know one thing that works for JO that might work for BF... Getting together on our game nights and going out pubbing. We can all meet on TS and then hop on a public server somewhere and all work together. Just like a normal team/clan. It might not drive activity to the TG server, but it would get us playing and working together and might just draw some more of the TG player back into BF.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                      Whatcya got in mind?

You know one thing that works for JO that might work for BF... Getting together on our game nights and going out pubbing. We can all meet on TS and then hop on a public server somewhere and all work together. Just like a normal team/clan. It might not drive activity to the TG server, but it would get us playing and working together and might just draw some more of the TG player back into BF.
                      Agreed,

I'm still around but am playing on another server that is always full. No, I'm not part of a clan or club or fetish society or whatever you call it. The server is always busy. The only rules are...there are no rules and you just have fun. Some are on TS some are not. There is a heavy ADMIN presence there so the TK kiddies get punted.
                      I mainly play there because of the game style and the attendance. I don't use their TS channel and would love to get together with you guys/girls for some co-ordinated killing.

Server:
                      DCF: Altered GZ-AL-DS-DB
                      IP:69.93.214.149:14567
                      Slots: 32

They have a few modded maps....the Lada car bomb is the most devastating weapon you will ever see. And very realistic...given what's happening in our world today. If anyone is interested I'm up for Saturday night.

I was hesitant to give the website, and Paul you may kill me, but there is a small download needed for this server and I mean it's really small....6.41Mb or something like that. Takes a second to install and away you go.

Battlefield 1942 1.6 -->1.61b Update (You need this to play on the server!)

http://www.crowbaitsdc.com/downloads.php

I'm not recruiting or any of that crap because I just play on the server and nothing else.

Anyway, I have dinner plans tomorrow night but will be on Saturday night around 2100 EST. I'll get on TS and see if anyone is there.
                      "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
                      "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

I would be up for getting a group of TGers together to go play on another server. I fall under the same problem however in that I'm out of town during the week for work all of this month. I'd be up for a Thur night or a weekend (starting next weekend).

I can probably make it anytime during the weekend and I believe that flux can make it in the late evenings (EST).

What nights / times work best of others?
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Weekends are about the only time I can play... The holidays were a welcome change to working a day shift, but it's back to swingshift for me now.
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Whatcya got in mind?
                            I hadn't given it a whole lot of thought but I was kind of thinking small maps, small teams(3-5 per side). Prizes could be anything that could be donated or picked up by charging a small entrance fee or whatever could be scraped together. Prizes would be given to the winning team so as to promote teamwork versus kill em all.

I certainly don't object to playing on other servers as long as the rules are close to the rules at TG. Spawn camping is one of my pet peeves and I can't stand to play on a server that allows it.

I too am available on weekends. I can also play during the week but the only issue I have is that I have to get up early so I can only stay on until 10:00 p.m. Eastern.

I was out of town this weekend otherwise I would have joined you all(assuming you got together). When is the next time you all want to try to get together?

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
                              Agreed,

I'm still around but am playing on another server that is always full. No, I'm not part of a clan or club or fetish society or whatever you call it. The server is always busy. The only rules are...there are no rules and you just have fun. Some are on TS some are not. There is a heavy ADMIN presence there so the TK kiddies get punted.
                              I mainly play there because of the game style and the attendance. I don't use their TS channel and would love to get together with you guys/girls for some co-ordinated killing.

Server:
                              DCF: Altered GZ-AL-DS-DB
                              IP:69.93.214.149:14567
                              Slots: 32

They have a few modded maps....the Lada car bomb is the most devastating weapon you will ever see. And very realistic...given what's happening in our world today. If anyone is interested I'm up for Saturday night.

I was hesitant to give the website, and Paul you may kill me, but there is a small download needed for this server and I mean it's really small....6.41Mb or something like that. Takes a second to install and away you go.

Battlefield 1942 1.6 -->1.61b Update (You need this to play on the server!)

http://www.crowbaitsdc.com/downloads.php

I'm not recruiting or any of that crap because I just play on the server and nothing else.

Anyway, I have dinner plans tomorrow night but will be on Saturday night around 2100 EST. I'll get on TS and see if anyone is there.
                              show up on teamspeak....

its all i can say....

nowadays i am rarely on teamspeak unless i see people i want to play with, and no disrespect to anyone, but i see alot of people i dont know and they are playing or talking in their own little groups channel ect ect... i have sat around for a while but all i get is people wanting to play JO... i am sick of JO its a run and gun rubbish game.

i want to play BF more than any other game, but i want to play with you, Apo, killer and pretty much all the people who have posted in this particular discussion. man the reason i wnet out and got this game was because you guys were playing it, and i just never ever see anybody on the teamspeak server. i have played a couple of times with just apo and Mirfee, its not the same.

damn it ppl, even if we are not playing TG, and we are playing Pubbie, can we come onto teamspeak.

sorry to pick your post over all ryn, its just i remember when me you and patorean would go all nighters on a server ripping up the damn internet with tank blasts and TNT... i want that back, next time you are on a pubby or tg server get on teamspeak man, even if you idle, who does it hurt, i guarantee if i see you on TS i would jump in and see whats up.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X