• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Report

Reporting Officer: Flux
    Date: 11/4/1942
    Scene:
    Artillery Commander E* sits atop a hill by the otherwise quiet northern bunker. The axis have been stymied by the relentless onslaught of the British Armor Division. Chief Engineer F lends support to the artillery commander on foot.

Artillery Commander E begins shelling the hell out of the north end of the valley. Chief Engineer F jumps behind the sandbags to get a beed on the enemy, but can find nothing.

F: E, what are you shelling?

E: Oh nothing, I just like the sound of artillery.
    *Names have been removed to protect the innocent.
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Lmao... last night was real fun.... its been nice playing with you guys... It actually picked up after you left... and the players were good.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Comment

... and the rest of the team falls down in tears. LOL. That was one of the funniest things I've heard while playing. :D
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for this server to take off, so I can go out and buy the game and join you guys. :D

Seriously, it sounds like a good community base has started with you guys -- and if you build it, they will come. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

We had some good games (8-12 players) and the TG guys were able to stick on the same team for the most part. Unfortunately, I think we lost the last couple of matches. :( ... but that could be due to our Artillery Commander E* shooting at dust balls. I hear they sound pretty cool when they blowup. :P
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
            I can't wait for this server to take off, so I can go out and buy the game and join you guys. :D

Seriously, it sounds like a good community base has started with you guys -- and if you build it, they will come. :)
            But our building material is people. So how can we build without people? So do we have any standards or guidelines for recruiting? I know we've gotten in trouble (inappropriately mind you) in the savage forums, so I just wanted to see if there is a precedence for how to go about recruiting new blood. Or are we against any kind of organized recruiting?
            flux
            [tg-c1]

Comment

All I can tell you about is how we did it with our NS server.. We basically encouraged the good ones to stay, and discouraged the bad ones. That is much easier when there is a limited amount of space on a server (16-18 ). You guys need many more than that, so you have to be less selective, at least to start, because nothing is worse for getting new players to play on a server than not having enough people to play in the first place.

As far as promotion on other boards/servers go, we always have our server information in our signature, and then at appropriate times (when someone is complaining about something there) we would say something good about our server, such as teamwork oriented, good admin presence, mature players, etc.

But I can't stress enough that you need to get the server active. You need to seed games, have good admin presence, and offer something that other servers don't. Easier said than done. :?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

[rant]One disadvantage bf has is there are no in game comms.... on the ns server people would join because they saw how we worked together and communicated as a team...

Ns has been a year in the making.... keeping intrest in the game is a real big thing.... Games come and go at Tg... But look at the ones that have stayed... Ns Gr Rvs... Why? Structure.... when we started the ns server i had played gr here.. so as long as i followed Apophis's example we kept getting new ppl.

At one point in time i was ready to give up on ns... but we got some really good players and got rid of the bad and the server thrived more than ever..

So if you see someone who is trying to play with the team... tell them about the teamspeak server and the website... and slowly ppl will see that this is the only way to play...

[/rant]
                I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                --Douglas Adams

Comment

Don't forget CS Big-B! :P

While it currently is lacking when you look at server activity, back in the days it was the most popular game and it made TG what it is today. Hell, I bet no game here present or past comes close to the activity that CS had back in its days.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                    Don't forget CS Big-B! :P

While it currently is lacking when you look at server activity, back in the days it was the most popular game and it made TG what it is today. Hell, I bet no game here present or past comes close to the activity that CS had back in its days.
                    Yes, Yes.... Cs was alot of fun back in the day.
                    --Douglas Adams

Comment

I feel so special.

BBOOOOOMM!

The sand dunes never knew what hit em.

Comment

I really want this server to take off.

I also really want to see DC on this server as opposed to Vanilla BF. :D

Comment

Maybe a DC night as opposed to all one or the other?
                          flux
                          [tg-c1]

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that would be too difficult.

Comment

it would require restarting the bf server, but shouldn't be too difficult. could even setup a job to do it automatically.
                              flux
                              [tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...