Bf2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2

Battlefield 2 is looming around the corner...I have already pre-paid for the game and can pick it up sometime in Mar.
    Hopefully it can renew some interest here. I still believe its the best game on the market....thoughts?

Rob

Re: Bf2

I will definitely buy it. I loved DC, and if this improves on it at all, I will love it too. My only concern is system requirements..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by patorean
      Battlefield 2 is looming around the corner...I have already pre-paid for the game and can pick it up sometime in Mar.
      Hopefully it can renew some interest here. I still believe its the best game on the market....thoughts?

Rob
      Battlefield: 1942 was a great game. Groundbreaking, as we now see by the success of other similar games such as Joint Operations. But then they robbed me by convincing me to spend my money on that patch that they called BF: Vietnam.

I haven't decided if I'm going to get this game or not. If it gets good reviews and a lot of people here are playing it, then I'll get it. Otherwise, not a chance in hell that I'm giving them my money again...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ah yes, BF:V. I bought it, played it once, and then never played it again. It's still sitting on my HD.

I don't expect BF2 to go that route.... I hope.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

im getting it

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Can't wait!

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I am planning on purchasing it. If memory serves me correctly, it is released 3/23. I will be out of town in Salt Lake City during that time frame. :icon25: Hopefully, I can find a store that has it while I am there.

[volun]

Comment

Well, if everyone here is going to get it and we can populate the server like we did "back in the day" with DC, then I'm all over it!

You guys saw THIS THREAD that I posted a while back in the Screenshots Forum, right? It sure looks nice!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I'm definitely getting it.. I really hope it draws back some TG interest in the Battlefield games. I'll admit, I think BFV was a big flop, but BF2 seems like it really has the potential to be a big hit.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Be sure to check out nbrigades video from their visit to Dice.

Here are links to the 88M version which are hidden on that page
                    Mirror 1
                    Mirror 2
                    Mirror 3

I will definitely get the game, but I worry that their goals are a bit ambitious. I'm afraid the game wont be fun unless you have 16+ people working closely together towards the same goals. I have yet to see this in a public server and I worry that the number of people you will need will put it out of reach of even a group like the one we have here.

I will be interested to see how the Commander and Squad Leader roles help the teamwork problem. Hopefully they will do better than Savage with its commander and captains.
                    flux
                    [tg-c1]

Comment

Heh I work for a games retailer so I've been reading loads of reviews. It sounds like it'll be a great game, and I kinda like the commander mode. Also being able to use vehicles is a big plus for me. It's the only thing missing from CS.

I can't see me not buying it, and hopefully playing some of you guys.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                        Heh I work for a games retailer so I've been reading loads of reviews.
                        So you can get us all games at incredible discounts? :icon_razz
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                          So you can get us all games at incredible discounts? :icon_razz
                          Discounted and up to a week before launch date :-)

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root

hmmm this could be intersting...lol

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Root
                              Hmmmm. What's the launch date for BF2? Same for US and UK? I might be willing to pay full price plus shipping (you can pocket the discount) if you can get the game to me a few days before it's available to the public!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X