any FC2 mods in development?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any FC2 mods in development?

Just wondering... bored as hell of this game already, but the potential for an excellent realism mod or something is there...anyone got any word on a mod team working on anything for Far Cry 2?

thx
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: any FC2 mods in development?

Nothing that I have seen or heard yet. I agree that the multiplayer will get old fast if there isn't a mod for it in the near future.

Nothing radical but when Project reality came out it just addressed some of the small things to make BF2 less "gamey".

The maps have potential as they aren't to small. Wait and see I guess since it's a new game engine.

Comment

no sdk planned they say, so no

Comment

Originally posted by Civie View Post
        no sdk planned they say, so no
        Hmm.. Sounds like the publishers want to Milk out a FC2 Expansion pack to two before the open up the game.
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Or they think that a map editor is good enough. From a publisher's point of view, I would think a map editor is a huge thing for gamers.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
            Or they think that a map editor is good enough. From a publisher's point of view, I would think a map editor is a huge thing for gamers.
            I'm having fun with the map editor but a mod dev tool certainly needs to be available.
            Here is a map I'm working on converting "Crash" from COD4 into FC2. Keep in mind that it's extremely WIP, lots of stuff left to do and be changed.

Comment

The map editor is a very nice addtion. If they could provide a Hardcore mode like COD4 does I would be happy with it. My problem is the severly lacking damage from weapons and there ranges. I have had to leave the game furious because I constantly get the drop on a guy, put one to two rounds on him and he just runs around spraying me to death. In COD4 HC bullet impacts effect you and he who fires first usually has the advantage.

Comment

I like the map editor, but I also think that the singleplayer gameplay, in general, sucks. Oh sure, it's fun at times, but having to run/walk/drive 15 minutes to get a minute or two of blowing stuff up is ridiculous. IMO.
                "What if he has a pointed stick?"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X