Counter strike source warcraft 3 mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter strike source warcraft 3 mod

hey this is whitesox088 and i am wondering if anyone is creating the new warcraft 3 mod for css. I have been waiting for this to come and can't wait anymore. I loved the game in the first and second counter strike. If anyone has any info on knowing who is creating this mod please reply back and if you know who can you send the e-mail.

Thx whitesox088
    Thx Whitesox088

Re: Counter strike source warcraft 3 mod

Didn't know anyone was working on such a thing... And why would it be a CS mod? Wouldn't it simply be a Source mod?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've never heard of it either... Can you give us a little info on what it's all about? I'd love to check it out if it's Warcraft III related.. :-)
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I don't know much about the war3 CS mod(s) except to say that they're very popular. I see many servers hosting them.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

With war3 mod you choose a race (such as undead, night elf, orc, or human). You gain experience for killing enemies and you might for having a bomb explode or rescuing hostages, but I'm not sure about that. You have 4 abilities per race to choose from when you level up. Three of them can be level 1-3 and the fourth is the "ultimate" ability which you need to bind a key to use. Human abilities were partial invisibility, extra health, bash, and the ultimate was teleport. Night elves could evade, do extra damage, have an aura that dealt damage back to attackers and their ultimate was entangle. Stuff like that. The abilities were a lot of fun to play with at first (especially teleport because you could do some crazy stuff) but it really puts a focus on kills instead of objectives and people who play on the server the most will usually become quite powerfull. I know there have been revisions to the mod since I stopped playing on those servers so the abilities and races have probably been changed or added to.

Comment

Hmmm, sounds interesting... What does it have to do with CS, though?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

He probably bought the "CS retail" package, and thats why he considers the Warcraft3 mod to be "CS mod", instead of a "HL mod".

We would think of it as a "HL mod", because most of us bought HL not the CS retail.
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

OOOOOHHH!!!! YEA!! i know what he's talking about...

it's weird and ultimately, i didn't enjoy it as much but for those who knew how to play it, it was fun :)

Comment

It's just a plugin like monstermod or AMX (and I guess war3 mod is an AMX plugin). Imagine playing regular CS except some people can shoot lightning, others can make a green helix appear around another player, some can teleport, some are partially invisible, etc. There are no special maps for it and no special models (that I am aware of), just special abilities tacked on to regular CS. They also often have an item shop (which is just a menu) where you can purchase special items that give you even more abilities. Some of the servers will save your experience points and other servers will reset them after each map change. Level 10 players can be very hard to beat so regulars will always have the edge on a server that saves xp.

Comment

Originally posted by DON.MAC
                    It's just a plugin like monstermod or AMX (and I guess war3 mod is an AMX plugin). Imagine playing regular CS except some people can shoot lightning, others can make a green helix appear around another player, some can teleport, some are partially invisible, etc. There are no special maps for it and no special models (that I am aware of), just special abilities tacked on to regular CS. They also often have an item shop (which is just a menu) where you can purchase special items that give you even more abilities. Some of the servers will save your experience points and other servers will reset them after each map change. Level 10 players can be very hard to beat so regulars will always have the edge on a server that saves xp.
                    Ah, I see... It sounds much less appealing to me now...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X