Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left 4 Dead - The best Tactical TEAMWORK game ever??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left 4 Dead - The best Tactical TEAMWORK game ever??

Ok... It's probably not... but I must say..this game which seems to be all run and gun on it's surface requires a level of teamwork that is not seen in most Shooters. In fact I think the game engine gets even more agressive the more players you loose.
    To all that like the teamwork games (ehem MAGNUM!!!) ..and don't mind a bit of suspension of belief and a drop of blood... I recommend this game.

Now Only to get a few more of the scenarios in Versus mode... Lovely!!!

:madsmile:
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Left 4 Dead - The best Tactical TEAMWORK game ever??

I'm already there hero... got the Xbox 360 version and the PC version, play and love both... didn't think I'd like it at first, zombie Sci Fi stuff is not my cup of tea nor is run and guns... but like I said at SimHQ (where I posted screens and videos from it), it's got special magic...different, but fun.

Of course I already read where TG was making an SOP for it, implementing a bunch of rules and admin opinions of "tactics' etc etc for it... sure teamwork and tactics are important but as usual they went over board with the rules, if you play the game you'll know this game requires alot of teamwork, some tactics, and very good communications... but goes too fast and furious for formations and movements etc etc... oh well, I got my friends TG has theirs. ;)

Look me up on Steam PD if interested, also BTW... 6 new GREAT WiC maps also. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
      Of course I already read where TG was making an SOP for it, implementing a bunch of rules and admin opinions of "tactics' etc etc for it... sure teamwork and tactics are important but as usual they went over board with the rules, if you play the game you'll know this game requires alot of teamwork, some tactics, and very good communications... but goes too fast and furious for formations and movements etc etc... oh well, I got my friends TG has theirs. ;)
      I wouldn't say it goes too fast...perhaps in Versus mode but not in cooperative play. You can basically go as fast as you'd like. Faster perhaps in the case where a Tank is after your butt. lol

BTW, for anyone who didn't notice, we do have a L4D forum but it was recently moved to the Action section.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I'm already there hero... got the Xbox 360 version and the PC version, play and love both..

Look me up on Steam PD if interested, also BTW... 6 new GREAT WiC maps also. ;)
        Geez.. I didn't know you were on Steam.. I will look to add ya!!...

As for TG rules etc... So Far the rules have been...cover your teammates arse when he is down..and all is well..
        ;-)

I gotta reinstall WIC... New PC..DX10... Maybe some WIC goodness!!
        (Mag..whats your STEAM ID?)
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

You are dead if you don't work together in ths game, and that's the beauty of it! And the better you communicate and stick together, the better you will do!

Regarding rules we don't have any rules yet do we? We only brainstormed ideas about rules is what i saw!

Comment

Imo it is in the top 3 best tactical teamwork games ever. I love this game and it's always fun to play and I can not WAIT for the new campaigns to come out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
              Regarding rules we don't have any rules yet do we? We only brainstormed ideas about rules is what i saw!
              Yeah, we don't. We were just throwing ideas out there, and then the thread got off-track and closed.

Great game anyway, communication and covering eachother is key. Along with not shooting your teammates:icon_lol:

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Burzum
                Don't worry. I'm sure TG will add in a bunch of rules and ruin the gameplay experience for all.
                Nice attitude? If you don't like TG and what we as a community try to do, then you are more then welcomed to take your leave from these forums.

Comment

I am... after this Saturdays last event...

Because of non-SM's like you running and ruining things.

Why should I pay for you to ruin our servers with a bunch of rules, manditory training, and your holier then thou IHS attitudes.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I am... after this Saturdays last event...

Because of non-SM's like you running and ruining things.

Why should I pay for you to ruin our servers with a bunch of rules, manditory training, and your holier then thou IHS attitudes.
                    Where did this post come from, Magnum? You've been Mr. Negativity lately. Who peed in your cheerios? Is there something specific you want to discuss, or are you going to continue to snipe with useless comments like this one until the admins are forced to martyr you?

Get tactical, dammit.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've been bringing up problems, based on my opinion, for quite some time now... first in private then vocally, to no avail... just labelled a trouble maker.

Where did this come from? Havok's comment... if he loves TG so much, support it and become a SM.

Don't ban me bro... after this Saturdays big race event, and then the AAR session... I'll be out of TG's hair forever... TG has changed too much for me lately.... been a great many years, great many games, great many friends... but I beleave it's "time for me to fly".

Just give me till the race. ;)
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I've been bringing up problems, based on my opinion, for quite some time now... first in private then vocally, to no avail... just labelled a trouble maker.
                        Tact. It might not be fun, but it works. You should try it.

Where did this come from? Havok's comment... if he loves TG so much, support it and become a SM.
                        TG has always been about the community and not the money. I know that you know this, so I'm surprised to see comments like this from you...

Don't ban me bro... after this Saturdays big race event, and then the AAR session... I'll be out of TG's hair forever... TG has changed too much for me lately.... been a great many years, great many games, great many friends... but I beleave it's "time for me to fly".

Just give me till the race. ;)
                        You know that it's not up to me. It's your decision!
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Back on topic,

I think Magnum does have one giant valid point with this game. No rules needed. The game forces teamwork, if you are playing on advanced or expert there is no point in playing if you don't work as a team, that extra gun is always useful. Maybe the 360 version is different than the PC, but rambo tactics don't work for very long.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

The main problem I have... is I understand we need rules and guidelines for sim type games like the original GR, Armed Assault, SWAT series, flight sims or whatever... but TG has become more AG (action gamer) with the big games being the Battlefield Series, Team Fortress, Counter Strike, CoD series and now left 4 Dead... that is great, these are great games too... but they are made more action then tactical...exspecially the BF series, CoD series, and L4D... placing rules on formations, movements, etc etc don't work as well as say in Ghost Recon or Armed Assault.

The simple fact of the matter with these more action style games should be... play the game they way it was intended to be played, but use tactics and teamwork, along with good comms.

I don't know if I am explaining this stuff right, because everyone seems to take offense when I point it out... just play the game with the TG standards that have been around for years... simple.
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I see your point Magnum however those are rules you'll need to put in writting. Playing as team needs to be a written rule or you'll have players join the game and not work as a team and then complain when they are kicked saying there was nothing to tell them otherwise. It's like css it is pretty obvious that there are objectives to css you have a bomb in your hand and there is a bomb site you need to plant it but alot of players whp pass through css will not do that simple because they dont want to. These rules however simple need to be placed. I don't think anyone yet has surgested rules that would interupt the game play as it is rather they have surrgested rules that will help us to continue in a team working enviroment once all the pubbies turn smack tard (which they will, after they have played the campaigns and got all the acheivments you'll have players join servers just to TK and such and this is where we need our rules in place).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                              Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X