Remember Threewave CTF for Quake??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Threewave CTF for Quake??

I was just sitting here, on this new years day, thinking about past gaming (I'm not smoking a pipe in an Easy Chair by a fire, but if that fits the mood so be it.). And I find myself reminiscing about the mid/late 90's when my first real multiplayer gaming started (not including the MUDs/MOO's of the late 80's early 90's)..which was Quake..

The Threewave Mod, which introduced the Capture the Flag Genre was the leading mod in it's day and introduced what I feel is the coolest gaming weapon/tool to date... The GRAPPLING HOOK!!.. How cool was it to Zip across a room while being pursued by an enemy.. Kinda like Indiana Jones using his Whip to propel him across a ravine. I have yet to find a game that gives the user that same feeling. Maybe it was just the "first time is special" kinda memory...and today it would be lame... but it was what it was.. and I liked it.. Peace out..
    :icon35:
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Remember Threewave CTF for Quake??

I played Threewave for Q3 for about a year straight. Was tons of fun for sure. That was my first introduction to the mod though - wasn't around the pc scene when Q1 or Q2 were alive and well.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Re: Remember Threewave CTF for Quake??

I didn't play that mod but I played plenty of regular CTF on quake 3 arena. I wasn't at the age yet to really buy a pc but we turned our school computers into doom and rise of the triad gaming machines every once in a while. LOL.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X