Galactic Conquest Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galactic Conquest Night

I would like to try to get a group together that wants to play the Galactic Conquest mod for Battlefield 1942. I am thinking Sunday, March 13th, around 6:00 p.m. Eastern. Please respond to this post if you plan on playing.

Galactic Conquest is currently running on the BF server. Don't have Galactic Conquest, find out what it is and where to get it here

[volun]

Re: Galactic Conquest Night

Wanna know how to make me flinch?
    An 884 MB mod will do it nicely.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
      Sorry. I forgot to mention that.

Anyone afraid of an 884 MB mod, ignore this post. But, IMHO, I think it is worth it.

[volun]

Comment

I'm in. Always wanted to try this mod. I've got one of the old Betas. Luckily I still have Cable so I'll just let this DL run overnight.

Comment

You are weak. Mwahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
            Sorry. I forgot to mention that.

Anyone afraid of an 884 MB mod, ignore this post. But, IMHO, I think it is worth it.
            Don't get me wrong... I downloaded it. :)
            I still flinched, though. :P
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I'm starting the download now, and I'll try to be there on Sunday!
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've got it downloaded and installed.. I'm going to try it out on the TG server tonight and get it all configured so i'm ready for the weekend..
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I'll see if I can get it downloaded and installed prior to then.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder that tonight at 6:00 p.m. Eastern we will be trying the Galactic Conquest mod for BF1942. The mod is active on the BF server if you want to practice before 6:00 p.m. This forum thread has all the details on where to get the GC mod if you don't have it.

[volun]

Comment

Well, I'm quite perturbed with BF and my PC. I installed and double checked to make sure I could get on the server no problem. I jumped on and off the TG server and let my son play on it by himself for a while earlier today. No problems.

My folks come over for dinner, eat, we play cards, they leave and when I jump back online to play Galactic Conquest, BF crashes to desktop as soon as I touch my mouse...

Nothing had changed since it worked (except I had some yummy enchiladas in my belly). It crashes as soon as I touch my mouse after the loading screens are done. The window that is in the forefront at the time is the one that allows you to choose your profile. It doesn't matter if I use the Galactic Conquest shortcut or any other BF shortcut to start the game. I tried reinstalling GC. I tried with and without TS and TSOverlay running. I tried with all my other programs running and without them. I tried disabling the Logitech mouse software. I can't think of what else to do...

How was the turnout? I saw Killer and Apo in TS, but never got to see how many were on the server... Hopefully you had a few pubbies to shoot at...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I tried installing GC. After installing it battlefield would not work at all for me. I can't even play vanilla or DC now. I guess I'm going to have to uninstall everything and reinstall BF. Ugh...
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Try Forgotten Hope. Downloading it now. 1.7GB MOD.

Comment

Well I am sorry that some of you had issues with running GC. I wish I had some insight as to why it didn't work but I don't. My only suggestion is to uninstall everything including BF1942. Reinstall, apply the latest patches, and then install GC by itself to see if that is the culprit. Assuming you want to go through all of that.

The turnout was OK. From the TG group it was just Apo and I. We did have some pubbies for about an hour but then just as Cing was trying to jump on, it was just Apo and I. I was given the 15 minute warning by my wife so I couldn't stay on any longer anyway. I think all total we played for about two hours.

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
                              Well I am sorry that some of you had issues with running GC. I wish I had some insight as to why it didn't work but I don't. My only suggestion is to uninstall everything including BF1942. Reinstall, apply the latest patches, and then install GC by itself to see if that is the culprit. Assuming you want to go through all of that.

The turnout was OK. From the TG group it was just Apo and I. We did have some pubbies for about an hour but then just as Cing was trying to jump on, it was just Apo and I. I was given the 15 minute warning by my wife so I couldn't stay on any longer anyway. I think all total we played for about two hours.
                              i didnt have it installed in time and then when i did i was tired so went to bed...

but i did play this mod and i am not impressed, its just reskinned everything and apart from some good graphics the gameplay is boring IMO...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X