Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would make you want to play more BF here at TG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would make you want to play more BF here at TG?

I'm not sure how many members are reading the BF forums, but I wanted to pose the above question to those who do.

A different mod besides DC?

One night a week dedicated to BF?

I know some ppl can't play due to their machine's performance and if that's the only reason keeping you, please let us know.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: What would make you want to play more BF here at TG?

I would want to play more if:

There were more than 12 or so people playing.
    Everyone was active on teamspeak.
    Everyone played with teamwork and didn't whore vehicles/aircraft.
    Air-only maps were never played.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by asch
      I'm not sure how many members are reading the BF forums, but I wanted to pose the above question to those who do.

A different mod besides DC?

One night a week dedicated to BF?

I know some ppl can't play due to their machine's performance and if that's the only reason keeping you, please let us know.
      One night a week dedicated to BF.... YEP... I AM REALLY UP FOR IT WHENEVER, BUT NOONE EVER TURNS UP TO THE SHEDULED NIGHTS IS THE PROBLEM...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

A few members/players on and good mix of maps will fill the server. I see it first hand daily on ours. Granted we have over 300 members but there is seldom more than 10 or so on at any given time.

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
          One night a week dedicated to BF.... YEP... I AM REALLY UP FOR IT WHENEVER, BUT NOONE EVER TURNS UP TO THE SHEDULED NIGHTS IS THE PROBLEM...
          Several of us DO show up for the scheduled nights. Some people just don't show at all. It's a cumulative thing though, so if 10 people only see 4 people playing and don't bother to join. Or just assume that no one is going to be there, there will end up with only 4 people playing.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Sigh... Getting BF to work with my stupid Logitech drivers would definitely get me playing more Desert Combat...

Vanilla, DC, something else... Doesn't matter to me... I'm not at all impressed with BF:V, but the PoE mod made it playable...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

My biggest turn off to BF was that half my team wasn't on voicecomms. I can appreciate why that happens, but there are too many attractive alternatives competing for my time for me to play a game without voicecomms (for the entire team).
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

T o be Honest due to Helo's I am not a big DC fan They are over powered. That said the real reason I haven't been on on DC nights the last few weeks has to do withlife interferances. Hopefully next Tue. will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                  Several of us DO show up for the scheduled nights. Some people just don't show at all. It's a cumulative thing though, so if 10 people only see 4 people playing and don't bother to join. Or just assume that no one is going to be there, there will end up with only 4 people playing.

yeah well when you consider my gamming tmes apophis, i really cant afford to only jump on a game with 4 people playing for the 1-2 hours i will be able to play with you guys,

i am 5 hours ahead of any gamming time you set, and if you make it 6 pm est, thats 11pm and ill have to be in bed at 1am or earlier to allow me to get up in the morning. i have to work for a living now, i have to be up, i therefore have alot less of a window where i can fit the game in.

suggestions on how to improe tht window... try to start the games at 5 est, and try to make a shedule for friday, this is the only day i can say, ill be around for the whole night,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

oh and i have POE, i thought it was stupid, but, i have it installed if you all want to give it a go...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I'm up for it, but I have a lot of things going on that occur on different days, so I may not be a definite. I'll install any mod we play, but I wouldn't mind BFV.
                      "Yes Ma'am, I am drunk, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
                      -Winston Churchill

Comment

Ive never done it, im going to start populating the BF server whenever I can now....

on a side note: BF doesnt like my x45 throttle...its not a big deal but I got most of the other buttons to work....Ill be there later on tonight probably...

Comment

I'll play BF1942 every night for a week, and it'll keep me hooked if in that week I can see:
                          *Decent communication between teammmates
                          *A sense of tension
                          *Enough people to fill these gigantic maps

That last one is pretty key, I think, to the success/demise of BF1942. Having a beautiful sprawling map is easy on the eyes, but if you don't see an enemy for ten minutes, the game loses its appeal. CS and DOD may not have the bells and whistles, but at least you get to play with people whose characters you can see on a regular basis. There will never be a BF1942 version of dod_isernia, sad to say.
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                            Ive never done it, im going to start populating the BF server whenever I can now....

on a side note: BF doesnt like my x45 throttle...its not a big deal but I got most of the other buttons to work....Ill be there later on tonight probably...
                            I've found the best way is to use the W and S key for the throttle and have all the other stick keys functional. I kinda shrugged it off myself when I was told to try it but it works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis

If you are too shy to be the only person in the BF server try joining the ts server. That way people get an idea of how many want to play.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X