Sound Crackling...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Crackling...

I have a Audigy 2 Platinum. My sound crackles all the time.. Anyone know a fix for this? Thx

It's a known bug. Unfixable.

Box up your card and front panel control and ship it to me. I'll send you my Sound Blaster Live!. I'll even pay shipping for both items, as I really want you to have the best BF:1942 experience possible. I'm looking out for you.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I spent an afternoon playing with sound settings due to the same problem, Santa Cruz card. I think I mostly fixed it by turning off hardware/accelerated sound in BF? Running off old memory here, I might be wrong.
      "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Re: Sound Crackling...

Originally posted by Cobra
        I have a Audigy 2 Platinum. My sound crackles all the time.. Anyone know a fix for this? Thx
        I've got the same problem, and I have a SB Live! Value setup. I thought it might be the latest sound drivers though, since I recently upgraded those. What version of drivers are you running?

According to dxdiag, I was running at "Standard Acceleration" and have the following driver info:

ctaud2k.sys Version: 5.12.0001.0252 (English)

I'm going to try to reduce the acclereation to "None" and see if the problem diappears.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X