Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 8?

Hey Gents,

What did people think of the Section 8 demo/beta? I see the game goes live tomorrow (Sept.4) in North America. Are any of you that played the game picking up the retail version?

-Zot

Re: Section 8?

It looks interesting I watched the trailer and I liked it...I might pick it up haven't decided yet though.

[unit][support]
    The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
    I am proud to serve my Country!
    United States Army
    I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
    I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
    "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Comment

I recommend this one. The only complaint I have about the game is that it hasn't caught on with gamers yet (not a lot of folks playing, but I have played in a maxed server). It's very fun.

Comment

In beta they were testing 48 player servers quite a bit, checking for stability, now that release has came, what is the max limit of players on a server? 32 was the normal, but 48 was pretty awesome.

Comment

Max I saw was..... damn, I can't recall. I've seen loads of 32 servers. Can't recall any 48 servers. Even with 24 players the game was fantastic.

Comment

I'm wondering if a Linux server binary will be available. From the looks of the game, I'd love to run one.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I just picked this up, seems interesting so far.
              sigpic

Comment

Reading user reviews and such it sounds like TRIBES... (Which is not a bad thing in my opinion... )
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

It plays like tribes to be honest. I think it could easily be played with the primer in mind. Have yet to see it in multiplayer action as there were no servers with people in them at 2am this morning.
                  sigpic

Comment

Shaping up to be a good game, its like halo done in the style of bf 2142.

The weapons do low damage, but that doesn't mean it can't be tactically deep! I would like to see a TG server!

At the moment not many people play and there are few using squad speak.

The thing that bugs me is that the single player sucks. This was the big mistake, because no one wants to play the MP version after that... The bots are too difficult/jumpy. It should be easy mode so as to teach you the weapons in the beginning...

Don't get me wrong, its an awesome game, but should have been MP only IMHO.

Comment

The game has serious depth.

Remember the shields are only effective at long range. Up close the weaponry bypasses shields and affects armor directly. It's a tough trade. On the one hand, if you max your shields and max the anti-air defense modules, you can drop anywhere you want regardless of AA defenses with shields intact. Or you can max armor and AA def. You hit the ground without shields but full armor (if you burn straight in without deploying air brakes). But then you get eaten alive if anyone's bothering to defend that CP.

Comment

There won't be a Linux dedicated server, so I'm skipping this game.

http://forums.timegate.com/showthread.php?t=15260
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X