Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characters Blocked because of illegal items

Hi Shogun (and others)

good job on the TacticalGamer PoA NWN server! A couple of my friends are having a problem when they visit the rift, just off the Goblin Encampment. If you enter and don't click far enough, the ground opens and you end up in the fugue (although not dead), which we assume is normal.

If you click far enough you get to run into the area. However a little way into the area a window appears saying that you have been booted. When they try to reconnect a message appears informing them that their character is equipped with an illegal item. These characters are now completely blocked.

Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks!

Re: Characters Blocked because of illegal items

Thank you so much for reporting this.

You are not the only one that this has happend to. It happend to me as well! In the same place.... I think it has something to do with the scripting in that area, I need to set that area off limits untill i can figure out whats going on. As for your character, there is 2 things we can do. 1, You recreate the same character and i will bump you back to original level and give you your items and gold back. Or, this ones a little more tricky, I can get the server Item level restrict turned off temporarily and you bring your original characters back in and i relevel you. That on will be a bit more tricky as it requires several admins to be availible.

If you and anyone else that has experianced this bug, please let me know and we can get this sorted out. I know how much time and effort goes into playing a character for so long. I was very upset when it happend to me so I understand your frustration. We will get it fixed.

Attention all players:

The Rift Canyon is now off limits to ALL players. It will be blocked off and for a good reason, so do not try to break in lol.

Thank you

Comment

Heya Shogun! Have emailed ya with my character details, the same thing happened to me last night. Either fixing method is fine by me, let me know what you'd like me to do :)

Thanks,
      Laura

Comment

Excellent, thank you so much!

I have talked to my two friends, and they both think to choose the easier option of remaking the character, so as to save you any hassle. Their log-in names are Maccabeus and IG-666, and I have said for them to contact you when they are next in.

Thanks again :)

Comment

Hi Shogun,

I've dropped you an e-mail with all the details.

Thanks

Comment

Now wait a min, has this happend to everyone in the rift canyon or is there other places?

Comment

Hmm no idea of the name of the place where it happened to me... twas just off the goblin camp thing, near the fountain. Place with zombies and skeletons in it!

Comment

That is the rift. Thats fine as long as its just that area :)

Comment

Are you online at the moment mr Shogun? I'm logged in playing nwn at the moment if you can pleaseee come and sort out my account? I've been having strange dreams about nwn, must get account sorted before they get any weirder :P

Comment

I think you are all sorted out right? The account name being different from the Forum name which is different from the Character name is a little hard to keep track of lol

Comment

Hehe yea that was me ya sorted out last night, thanks :)

Comment

Hey Shogun

I had the same problem a few minutes ago. I was walking in the area with all the elementals, along with a friend of mine. We were on our way back and i tried to leave the frostgiant-area. All of a sudden i got kicked out with the message that i'd been booted. My friend didn't have any problems. Can you help me out?

Oh, my char is a 19th-lvl cleric, called berens snyder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X