Planetside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetside

Do any of your TGers play Planetside? Im on Markov, BR21 CR4.6.
    If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
    with any questions or concerns.
    |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Re: Planetside

i used to i still can if i had someone to play with

Comment

no what is this game?? and how much is it?

Comment

I got Planetside when it first came out, played it for a few months and just quit. It was fun but I think I remember my computer having a little bit of trouble with it so I just quit.

Now I got a new computer and would like to maybe try it again because it was really fun. So I was wondering if maybe they have some promotion thing where I can play for free for 30 days or something? Maybe my first 30 days of the subscription are free?

In short, is there a period where I can decide whether I want to spend my money on this game, again.

Also, is it a lot of fun? Have they added anything cool since it came out (for all you veteran PS players)?
        I'm not the Killer Man...
        I'm the Killer Man's son...
        But I'll do the killing...
        Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

I played this game for abotu 8 months when it first came out. I lead Death From Above on Johari and was the second CR5 on the server. Disliked what the devs did to the game, but I must say it was one of my best gaming experiences and teamwork of any game yet. BF2 is like it on a much smaller scale.

I am waiting for the day that someone makes a mmofps with real world environments like this.
          [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
          TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

Huxley.
            [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
            [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Ah yes, mish, i forgot that was under development. I'll probably cream my pants when that bad boy comes out.
              [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
              TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

Im cr5 Br21 on markov nc Balboaemt
                Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
                Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

Planetside Reserves Program. Free demo access to all of planetside (minus Core Combat). Experience is capped at BR6. I have a BR14 on Emerald from way back in the day, but it might be interesting to use this to see what they've come up with recently.

As I recall, I dropped out of Planetside largely because of latency and UI issues (aiming is hard). But hopping around in the Magrider was fun at the time.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

I used to play PS with a pretty tight-nit group (Sturmgrenadier) on Emerald / NC. I got up to around BR14 or 18 or something, then stopped. The coordination and teamwork was unlike any other game I've ever played (including BF2).

IIRC, I stopped playing becasue the populations got a bit low and battle intensity weakened.
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I played Planetside in a free trial for a week or something a while ago. I'd spend 15 minutes finding a freaking battle, get there, walk around for 10 minutes without knowing where the fighting is, find the bad guys, get shot by a sniper who I had no chance of killing since he was like a million miles away, respawn, die from a gigantic mech that I have no chance of killing because all I have is a rifle, respawn again only this time it takes longer, die from the sniper again, respawn again only this time it takes even LONGER, and then I get shot by the giant flying mech again and it's going to take me like a minute to respawn just so I can be cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                        I played Planetside in a free trial for a week or something a while ago. I'd spend 15 minutes finding a freaking battle, get there, walk around for 10 minutes without knowing where the fighting is, find the bad guys, get shot by a sniper who I had no chance of killing since he was like a million miles away, respawn, die from a gigantic mech that I have no chance of killing because all I have is a rifle, respawn again only this time it takes longer, die from the sniper again, respawn again only this time it takes even LONGER, and then I get shot by the giant flying mech again and it's going to take me like a minute to respawn just so I can be cannon fodder.
                        Sounds like how you play BF2/RO as well.......:icon_eek: :icon19:

Comment

Except in BF2 if someone has a sniper rifle, I can take a sniper rifle and shoot them right back. In RO I don't even need a sniper rifle. The bullets go where the gun is pointing. In Planetside I'd shoot at someone and the bullets fly in a random direction. Stupid cone of fire.

Comment

I was actually looking at this the other day: they rolled up all the Station games into one package for $40....might be worthwhile to buy it and try them all out.

Comment

Yeah, experimenting with it again, the cone of fire is still WAY too wide. Combat really depends on having a large organized force concentrating fire on a single area, because unless you are a dedicated sniper or manning artillery you are not going to hit much running solo. In that sense, it is a very TG style game, as you MUST run with an outfit.

Also, the Reavers are MUCH more fragile than I remember. Pity, as I always did best as a pilot.
                              In game handle: Steel Scion
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...