Demo Impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo Impressions

My initial impressions are {Following deleted for being entirely too critical. The demo is crap, but that was just plain excessive Lirix}.

Back to waiting for something good I guess.....

The demo was just far too short... They added maybe one more zone typed thing and more side-quests it'd have been much better. I think I found all the ways to defeat the lady upstairs within 15 minutes of looking around (mostly due to loading time and conversations)

I dont think the demo did the game Justice, but, I cant be sure of that either... I'm no closer after playing the demo to purchasing the game, than before.

BTW- Gob-zilla sucks
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Remember that demos only give you a slice of the game. They don't always tell you how the game is going to be until you actually played it. For example, the BF1942 demo rocked when it was released and the game sucked until they were able to release patches to fix it.

Comment

I kind of thought it was interesting. But I also agree with Vinz in the fact that it was just too short. I was barely understanding how the game worked when I finished the explorable part of the demo. I'm not sure if I'd want to buy it yet and probably won't unless they release another demo with a little more virtual real estate.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

What the demo showed me is that the storyline elements will probably be strong(as in Deus Ex 1). Between universal ammo(WTF?), pathetic damage output of the weapons(or possibly non-location based damage), the almost complete inability to stealth your way around(the guard outside Miss Sak's office would turn around to tell me to stay off the helipad while I was behind him - still 5 feet away, crouched and moving slowly) I'd say the gameplay isn't going to be any better(And it feels like a bloody console FPS which isn't good in my mind). And don't make me talk about the "stun prod" in the demo.....

This game is the closest I'll get to an actual Shadowrun PC title since MS has the rights to that and no interest. So I want to like it, I really do. But it's the sequel to a game that I've never had the patience to play through, and it's even more poorly designed. I bet DX:IW is a great XBOX title though.

Comment

After doing some reading on the Ion Storm forums, some of their design decisions seem slightly more reasonable. Control issues appear to be a small oversight in the demo, but are easily correctable and should not appear in the full game(or will be just as easily fixed ;) ).

I'm not entirely certain I agree with their design decisions, but I'll probably buy the game at this point. My biggest problem was that the game had Deus Ex on it and I expected Deus Ex from it. At least the story is still there.

Universal Ammo, WTF. I'll miss reloading more in all honesty.

Comment

Yeah, the reloading was a bit weird. I pressed 'R' thinking I could reload just like all the other games I play. :D

I sure wish the demo was a bit longer. It was a nice taste but over 200 megs for that?!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

well.. at least yall got to do SOMETHING for waiting in line and downloading 220 megs....

I have to upgrade my hardware, turns out my lil vid card does not do pixel-shading... :(

all for naught

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people are in uproar that their GF4 MX's can't run the demo. Well... pixel-shading had to become a requirement at some point. :(

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people are in uproar that their GF4 MX's can't run the demo. Well... pixel-shading had to become a requirement at some point

lol.. an uprorar? that's funny.... I'm bummed, but the standards rise...

Comment

I know demos arent supposed to be stuffed full of spoilers and such for games, but This was a two-zone area... both werent very large... one, two level building (the Greasel Pit) and another Three level building (counting that one room at the bottom of the elevator... you could count more for the subterrainian room with two greasels in it, which I can only assume to be a sewer. I was severely dissapointed in the fact that I couldnt crush the outside guard with the pile of barrels... I have always wanted to do that in a video game... I suppose I'll have to wait for Half Life 2 to do that, though.

And I have to admit... I miss the teal-ness of DX1... The Weird Nano Veins, and the glowy eyes... It's too purple now... The teal was a cool color scheme in my opinion.

Anyways... let me try to get back on topic, The area was simply too small to let us touch on some of the conspiracies.. There were a few couples in 'The Greasel Pit' who had bits and pieces about other areas... but It was really hard because we had no way of associating the people with the places... we diddnt get enough view of the world to see any of that... we, the great nano-augmented agents of the future... were stopped by doors that told us not available in demo.

On a side note.. I wonder how many breaks each gender character gets compared to another... Only one I noticed was the Pilot guy giving the Female character a 100 credit break on his fee...

I think I found all the main ways of completing the demo though... II liked going through It by killing all the guards and the lady, and by not... of course... I like helping people, so when I knew that lady was some tyrant I had to kill her, no matter what, even if it cost me all my money to buy that guys harrier back (Thats an awful small amount of money to hold a harrier jet ransom for isnt it?)

[/ramble]
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I was severely dissapointed in the fact that I couldnt crush the outside guard with the pile of barrels... I have always wanted to do that in a video game... I suppose I'll have to wait for Half Life 2 to do that, though.
                        You can, and it is sooo much fun :)

The demo was a bit dissapointing. I can't say I care for the interface, seemed way to intrusive. After doing a bit of reading and learning how to modify it, its much better however.

And what the hell is up with the "Bloom" option. Crap in a can. Glad I could turn it off.
                        I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

No matter what I did the barrels either wouldnt move, or they'd stop after hitting the guard..

Anyways.. I did enjoy the demo the more I played it... It's just misunderstood =P

I plan on buying this, once I have the money... or else I'll find someone to get me it for christmas... =p

Maybe they were trying to rid the game of those who arent smart enough to figure out the subtle hints laced througout the game!! ya thats it... cuz all the people on the Deus Ex Forums who are complaining about the demo were really dumb sounding.

I'm rambling again, bah...
                          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X