Unreal Tournament 2004 Invasion Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 2004 Invasion Night

TheFeniX had the idea of using the community events server for some Unreal Tournament 2004 Invasion action.

What is Invasion?

Picture wave after wave of progressively difficult aliens swarming on your position. Your goal? Stay alive to the next round.

It requires teamwork, knowledge of which end of a Rocket Launcher goes boom, and a properly patched up copy of UT2k4 to play.

So who is interested?

UT2k4 is getting real cheap, so for those of you that don't have it yet, "wattsa matta wit yu?"
    Yes, any night.
    31.25%
    Yes, weekends only.
    6.25%
    Yes, I will buy a copy of UT2k4 and play
    18.75%
    No, I don't have a copy and/or I'm saving for BF2
    37.50%
    No, not interested.
    6.25%

Re: Unreal Tournament 2004 Invasion Night

Damnit! I'm in on this but I can't find the game.

GameStop has none, no new shipments arriving.
    CompUSA has none, no new shipments arriving.

Checking BestBuy...

BestBuy FTW!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

To add, this isn't anything serious. This is merely another venue to get together, BS, and have some fun. There's nothing like rooting for the last man standing. Who knows, we may even beat all the waves.... yea right.

Anyways, the more the merrier, but I'd like to get as many people as possible in on this. I'm out on weekdays, but could swing a late night game or weekends.

Comment

What does this game cost now? Is this what I need to play Alien Swarm?
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          What does this game cost now? Is this what I need to play Alien Swarm?
          Unreal Tournament 2004 is required for either Alien Swarm (which is a seperate mod), or Invasion (Which is a game type).

Amazon has it for $19.99 in either CD:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846

Or Dvd:

For a little more, you can get the Editor's Choice version, which has a ton of maps and mods on it as well as the basic game.

Gogamer.com has the basic CD set for $17.90

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGam...View/001UNRT24

Comment

I should have picked up the DVD.. This thing is taking forever to install.. 6 CDs.. HRMPH!

Comment

Hopping on to check out the server:
              70.84.146.202:7777

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                I should have picked up the DVD.. This thing is taking forever to install.. 6 CDs.. HRMPH!
                Yea, tell me about it. I had the same deal with HL2 and Doom 3. Seriously, what kind of person would have the specs required to play these games and not have a DVD player? I only bought the CD version because Best Buy was out of DVDs when I went.

Comment

I can't figure out how to get the server into Invasion mode.

I see:
                  Bombing Run
                  Capture the Flag
                  Deathmatch
                  Double Domination
                  Onslaught
                  Assault
                  Team Deathmatch

It's not Onslaught or Assault, I doubt it would be either of the deathmatch options, what about this double domination? Am I missing something here?

Comment

Im not voting as I'm interested, but am saving for bf2, but may also save for ut2004. However, if I buy ut2004 I would also be able to download Nightblade.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                      I can't figure out how to get the server into Invasion mode.
                      Cancel this. I ended up configuring it using the Unreal Web Admin interface rather than the Cortex interface that was on the server. It proved to be considerably easier.

Comment

I made a general topic! Checkit! Also, is there any way at all we could configure it so that you can play it with the demo? I know that the demo has a ton of stuff, just its missing mutators for most maps, it has few maps, and it cant be modded.

Comment

I will join but Onslaught I beg.
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Does anyone know how to check the current version of my installation of ut2004? I can't remember if I patched it since I upgraded my system. TIA!

Comment

So we got 5 people so far. We'll need to start looking into setting up a good time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X