TG vs. TGS Scrim Results and Comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG vs. TGS Scrim Results and Comments

Well, we just finished the TG vs. TGS scrim and in my scorebook, TG was victorious. Not that we were keeping track anyway. ;)

We had a good showing of players and alot of teamwork in the true TG spirit. There was also an equal amount on the TGS side. When we didn't have enough players, some of the TGS crew came over to even the numbers. Overall it was a good time had by all.

I know there were some issues related to TKs and autobalance and I apologize. I welcome your comments and suggestions for the next one. Or if you have a suggestion on another event type. Please feel free to speak your mind. I am new at "organizing" these types of events so I may not be doing things correctly.

The next scrim will hopefully go a little smoother and will start on time. Not sure if it will be a BF2 scrim or a BFDC Final scrim. We'll just have to see how things go.

A big thanks to Apo, for letting us use the community's BFDC server for the scrim. And a big thank you to all those who attended.

[volun]

Re: TG vs. TGS Scrim Results and Comments

What a day for my beautiful brand new monitor and video card to decide to take a crap on me...

I'm glad you guys had fun, though! I'll definitely be there for the next one...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I had a blast!! You will have to wipe the smile from my face when we can all play BF2 together. Thanks to all involved, we have to make a real habit of it.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

We had a great time. I really expected to see more TG players though.

Although as a member of both TG and TGS, and assumed neutral hopefully, I would have to beg to differ with Killer's scorebook on a couple of points:
        First I don't think we can really call tonight a scrim since neither TG nor TGS is an organized competetive clan or team in DC-F.
        More importantly, in regard to TG's victory, the TGS team won a very fun first round against a TG team led by a TGS player. In the second round, where TG won, the top scorer on the winning side was in fact a TGS player yet again.

The second map was a different animal.
        By the time I knew what was happening the bridge was taken and we were getting our butts kicked. Again there were TGS guys on the winning team. My team lost in a very nasty fashion. Personally I wasn't much enjoying the second map at all but that's ok.

All in all I think it was really fun (on Dustbowl) but I don't think it's fair to TGS to claim a TG victory. Tonight was more of a fun night, minus fragmonkey pubbies, among some really great players.

I have oodles of playtime on DC from the first days of the mod and can say for a fact that people like those in TG and TGS make for much better gaming than a bunch of chopper-raping point-whores. I really look forward to a night in which we can actually play TG against TGS... even though I'm a member of both... where the winner can indeed have the ol' bragging rights. :)

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I really enjoyed playing Saturday, although I was only there for the two Dustbowl matches (sorry, real life reared it's ugly head and I had to leave). Dustbowl has become one of my favorite maps BTW. TGS won the first and in the second, it was very close, but I guess TG won. I was frustrated in the fact that I was not really able to use TS during the matches, as my lag was too much while it was on. But being a 56ker I get used to a lot of frustrating moments like that. :( As to the slaughter-fest map Bridge, I think, being this map is realitivly a newer map (released with DCF) a lot of DC players, that had been trying to play DCF again were not too familiar with it's layout. Not to make excuses for TGS. I was also would live to see that actual TG vs TGS match (where TGS is not loaning players to TG). I hope we can do this again soon (next week please, next week please :D). It really does make a difference in gaming fun when we don't have every jerk-wad on the planet coming in while we play.

Comment

Win lose or draw......
            I had a great time....
            I'm a complete noob at 1942 and like Scoop a member of both communities... (I hope I wasn't to big an Albatross for TGS... ;)
            This was my first online play of DC and the situational awareness required was unbelievable... I was told I could talk as much as I wanted in TS because I didn't have to listen for footsteps like in CS:S... Unfortunately,, talking was nigh impossible if I wanted to stay alive for any length of time...
            Thanks for a good game one and all....

Comment

Yeah it was good games, fun a fair play.
              Im no good on the last map, but love DustBowl
              Salutes.

Comment

I think there were no winners. Mixed teams, total n00bs, new maps, etc.

But it was a lot of fun, and I'm glad that you guys could make it. Bf2 should be big, and I look forward to future play with both communities.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'm glad to see everyone have a good time. I do wish I would have been able to make it. Maybe once the BF2 demo is out we'll have to have another little scrimage.

And excellent work to all involved in getting this effort going, especially Killer for taking it across the the finish line.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Its because of my extrem n00bness i won the game for you(aka when my computer started to act up and kicked me off the internet 3 times) But its nice to hear that you guys did better after i left...
                    Oyee

Comment

That was the most fun I have ever had playing DC!
                      Im usually only able to play with 2 or 3 friends so it was a brand new awesome experience being able to communicate with everyone on the team :D
                      I had tons of fun last night...Thanks |TG| for having us!
                      BF2! BF2! BF2!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
                        We had a great time. I really expected to see more TG players though.

Although as a member of both TG and TGS, and assumed neutral hopefully, I would have to beg to differ with Killer's scorebook on a couple of points:
                        First I don't think we can really call tonight a scrim since neither TG nor TGS is an organized competetive clan or team in DC-F.
                        More importantly, in regard to TG's victory, the TGS team won a very fun first round against a TG team led by a TGS player. In the second round, where TG won, the top scorer on the winning side was in fact a TGS player yet again.

The second map was a different animal.
                        By the time I knew what was happening the bridge was taken and we were getting our butts kicked. Again there were TGS guys on the winning team. My team lost in a very nasty fashion. Personally I wasn't much enjoying the second map at all but that's ok.

All in all I think it was really fun (on Dustbowl) but I don't think it's fair to TGS to claim a TG victory. Tonight was more of a fun night, minus fragmonkey pubbies, among some really great players.

I have oodles of playtime on DC from the first days of the mod and can say for a fact that people like those in TG and TGS make for much better gaming than a bunch of chopper-raping point-whores. I really look forward to a night in which we can actually play TG against TGS... even though I'm a member of both... where the winner can indeed have the ol' bragging rights. :)
                        I do see your point and I apologize if I offended anyone.

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Killer McDermott
                          No offense taken. In fact we had a great time, and we look forward to some more organized play like Saturday. Thanks to TG for being such good host, and kudos to you Killer McDermott for finishing up the organizing.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
                            No no no, I wasn't offended in the least.
                            Please allow me to apologize if it sounded like I was upset... and big thanx to you Killer for getting it together.
                            I've been awol so much lately that I only learned of the game the day before.

Great fun! Scoop wants more! :D

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse