Metro 2033

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro 2033

Anyone picking this up comes out on the 16th US. Looks intresting aenough.

Re: Metro 2033

I'm am most likely going to get it. Picking it up on steam gets you the latest Red Faction game for whenever you have 15 minutes to play through that.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Pretty cool video. 28 Days Later theme fits the mood perfectly. :D

Comment

Watched a guy play the beginning on youtube (wont post since it will be a spolier).

First impressions is it's awesome. The video above gives a hint to the detail the developers put into the character(s)/player immersion, like the whistle from someone at a tunnel sentry post that looks into the blackness of those tunnels after burning some mutants that were attacking wayfarers, being smashed to the ground and rolling not knowing where you are (by said mutants), or the shear inability to keep up with the whirlwind (of mankind’s' depressing situation or.. by said mutants). One thing is, it's based in Russia and you can have the option for people speak in Russian. This seems more authentic. Also whilst on the note of dialogue, it's not skimped and again adds immersion. Same with details in movement, setting and atmosphere. Well developed.

I’d recommend playing with Russian language spoken, with English subtitles for those of us that can’t speak Russian, to add extra atmosphere, character and setting. It the Russian Metro not the Parisian, and it’s the Russian way not the English, and they are isolated in their enclaves, so it would seem a bit of a long walk to Berlin. It’s very good. The voice acting is great (in Russian, I have only seen the ‘English’ one here) and as you can see the movement of people is realistic (video above). Just wait till you see the underground and pass people by. Just don’t forget to bring your homemade machinegun, and have the constant desire for a real live military made AK and rounds rather than the workshop homemade stuff – but that society when the military made stuff collapsed 20 years ago after the war and all is in desolation. You feel it, and for a game, that's impressive but you will find that just by people talking or the happenings, even down to someone leaning over and dragging a box (let's forget when you're being dragged along the ground, or raising your head in stunned disorientation getting your bearings of what's happening). Nicely done the devs that made it; lots of detail and atmosphere that leads to brilliant immersion. Some films don't even get that far let alone games. Thumbs up.

In short, this looks to be maybe a game to raise the bar, if it holds to its first impact and setting, and not loose sight of that intention falling into the set piece gimmickry. On the evidence though, I don’t think so.

Comment

I actually got the game and was hoping this game would have quite a following here at TG. Simply put the game is just a blast. Scary at how vulnerable you are. Never before have I felt so human in a shooter before. It's drop dead gorgeous and it's all the small touches that matter. Putting on a gas mask you need to watch how long your air filter lasts (you litterally hold up your watch which you have a small timer that you twist with each time you put the gas mask on. When you're attacked with the gas mask on you get visible cracks and you'll start to choke on the incoming air. At one point my mask was so destroyed I slowly choked to death. I got lost in the dark and had to pull out my map, which you physically do and then have to hold a map out and to read it you'll have to pull out your lighter and hold it to the map.

I won't lie the game is linear, so if you were expecting the free roam of Stalker (look elsewhere). However there are plenty of places to poke around (for instance a trail of blood usually leads to a corpse hidden, dragged into a corner has precious ammo, med kits and air filters). Mixed with the environment (the pressing need for clean air is always a driving force) you often times don't want to travel too far off the beaten path. The game is scary in it's atmosphere but not the kind of jumping monsters grasping at you.

The game is simply engrossing. Half Life 2 is my favorite game but this game is seriously giving me a run for my money.

Comment

This game sounds very interesting. But from the looks of it, there is no multiplayer. Is this correct?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              This game sounds very interesting. But from the looks of it, there is no multiplayer. Is this correct?
              There isn't but again, it's a game where that's okay. Seeing the graphical detail this game puts out there are several instances where you know the game would not make it on a network. For instance a a grenade thrown produces so much debris. Dynamic lights can be shot out for a stealthy environment.

It's a single player game that's for sure but don't hate the lack of multiplayer. Trust me it's a better experience because of it :)

Comment

This is the best looking game I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Max settings run exceptionally smoothly throughout and Physix is really kicking in well. Great game, great story *multiple endings* but way too short.
                Those who lean on bayonets are the first to get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                  This is the best looking game I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Max settings run exceptionally smoothly throughout and Physix is really kicking in well. Great game, great story *multiple endings* but way too short.
                  It's definitely a game I wouldn't mind playing again and again though. That's for sure :)

Comment

Well when I first played through, I played totally aggressively, it was good fun but kinda repetitive by the end. Although, when I tried the stealth side, the game really came into its element, the sheer danger and vulnerability you feel is breathtaking and the moments when you hesitantly shoot out a light, or cross an opening, really makes you hold your breath waiting for contact. I hear they are developing some DLC for the game but they stated it wouldn't be simple extra weapons, enemies or storyline but something different. Now I could dream of an open world, with all the metros to explore, to find the secrets in the real darkness but realistically that is not going to happen. Anyone else heard of this or has any more info?
                    Those who lean on bayonets are the first to get the point.

Comment

I heard something about it and to me it sounded like a mini expansion pack. Like a combination of new story, enemies, weapons, places, etc. However I can't find the source again, I think I saw it on the Steam forums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X