Medal Of Honor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal Of Honor

So, anyone have any thoughts on the newest addition to the MoH series?

http://www.ea.com/games/medal-of-honor

The game itself looks pretty neat. A prettier version of COD:MW2, and unlike MW2.......it has dedicated servers. :D

I am partial to MoH though, as I own all the games and claim them as the best FPS ever invented..:row__579:

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Medal Of Honor

I'm very excited about its release. It looks great and i think a modern day setting will take the game to a whole new level of epicness.

Comment

This one I'll own.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Anyone ever play liberation mode on mohaa breaktrough? I miss that, the awesomest gamemode I ever played in an fps. Don't suppose they remember that :p.

Comment

Sean Decker is the MAN!!!!

There'll be vehicle-based missions, for one thing, according to Greg. "In an Apache," he said, you get a whole other view of the battlefield." He also let us know that EA's looking at new way of dealing with the crack of the modern gamer, achievements.

"There are multiple really cool things we'll be doing around these Tier 1 characters and their abilities," he said, "to tie into achievements and other things.

And then of course there's the multiplayer angle of the game, which has some obviously very stiff competition from the likes of MW2. Sean Decker, though, is very happy with the challenge ahead of him, and very aware of the stakes involved when it comes to PC multiplayer.

"It's going to be awesome," he says when we ask him about the game beyond the bounds of singleplayer, "and I'll say this up front - it has to have dedicated servers." Sean's passion for the topic is unmistakeable, and he goes on to make us feel very excited indeed about Medal of Honor's multiplayer.

"There's no worse experience than the lobby, and voting, and host migration, and all that. It's a bad experience." Which, of course we totally agree with. And, since we know the game's going to have vehicles in the campaign, we hit him up about vehicles in multiplayer levels. "Well, with DICE involved," he says, grinning, "I think you can assume we're going to touch on vehicle combat just a little."

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I always thought the MOH series was more fun than the Call of Duty.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

With DICE involved in the multiplayer it is bound to be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                I always thought the MOH series was more fun than the Call of Duty.
                Infinity Ward, located in Encino, California, is an American video game developer founded in 2002 by 22 former employees of 2015, Inc., including the project leads who had worked on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
                :/

Comment

I don't get fully understand your juxtaposition, there, Delta; what's your point?

I've never played any MoH games. I hadn't even heard that much about them.
                  But I'm intrigued about this one. Hope it turns out good.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                    I don't get fully understand your juxtaposition, there, Delta; what's your point?
                    Well, for all intensive purposes the Call of Duty series was a progression/sequel to the last worth anything MoH game (After AA, far too much of the series seemed like milking more than anything, and the first Call of Duty is very much like AA), along with the original devs will obviously not be involved in this.... I don't really see a reason to think old MoH games being good = this being good.

I really have no opinion on this right now, however. I haven't heard anything that makes me really want it or really not want it. I loved Medal of Honor Allied Assault and it's expansions and all but that loved transferred to the first Call of Duty after that came out...

Though if it actually was a prettier MW2 I really wouldn't get it.. Formula is getting a bit tired now. Doubt it will have many similarities to MW2, however.
                    Last edited by Delta Five Nine; 03-18-2010, 04:51 PM.

Comment

If the MoH developers went on to do the Call of Duty stuff I think they lost something in the fun category. It just felt less restrictive. Like all the squad based stuff of COD forced the game to be a bit more linear. And I liked the story better.

Just my opinion.

But I never played multi-player so I can't speak to that.
                      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Some pretty good looking screens:

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Sure is going to be strange, having SP running on UE3 engine, and MP being on the Frostbite engine.

Comment

I am thoroughly confused as to why they would use separate engines for multi/single player. I mean, I get DICE is working on the multiplayer and is familiar with Frostbite obviously, but I don't see any other feasible reason to do that.

It's probably going to end up causing problems in the long run...

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if its because they started the single player a while ago, i.e. before the frostbite engine was available.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X