Sniper Ghost warrior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Ghost warrior

just saw some videos of this today... looks pretty good. damn bc2 turned me into a sniping fool! Looks like an in depth campaign, and fun MP. The MP vid made it look like they may have turned down the ballistics. maybe not.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/sn...sult%3Bimg%3B0
    Last edited by teratoma; 06-15-2010, 09:48 AM.

Re: Sniper Ghost warrior

I will definitely try this game out when it comes out at the end of the month. However I have no interest in the multiplayer.
    2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
    BC2: |TG| Wesb2
    BF3: Wesb23

Comment

I would have had more interest in the game if they had included bolt action rifles instead of the semi-automatic ones, but looking forward for the campaign, the bullet camera reminds me of Sniper Elite. Good times.

Comment

just found out there is a demo out.. Im DLing right now.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...rior_Demo.html

Comment

played part of the campaign, it's much more linear than I thought it would be (may just be the demo though), and there are crosshairs for the pistol and throwing knife. There is also a minimap with enemy positions on it. kinda lame. The scoped in view is pretty darn neat though. It auto focuses on things and it just looks neat. On the hardest setting I died LOTS with-in the first 200 feet of the game. Once I got the hang of the game I died much less often. Voice acting and stuff seem fine.. I did notice that you can exchange your sniper rifle for the the assault rifles off the dudes you kill. Which I find disturbing in a sniper game. I also noticed in the key config a key to bring up class/team selection in MP. Class selection? Im scared.

I havent tried the MP yet.. will do later.

Comment

read something about the first link not being the official demo, idk.

new link

http://www.fileplanet.com/114511/0/0/0/1/section/Demos

Comment

Can't download it. Everytime I click on one of the servers, I get the little pop up screen that says initializing download, then it disappears. I guess no demo for me. I'll try later.
              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                Can't download it. Everytime I click on one of the servers, I get the little pop up screen that says initializing download, then it disappears. I guess no demo for me. I'll try later.
                I saved the .rar file of the demo. I will upload it to 4shared or something and post a link here for anyone having trouble with the DL on other sites.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

anyone have the game yet.. how is it?

I'll be picking it up after the weekend.

Comment

just a heads up...

I bought and installed the game.. it installs and plays though steam. so all you steam haters might want to stay away.

havent actually played any yet though..

Comment

Can you play those kind of games w/o being online ?
                      Steam games I mean.
                      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                      So that when they turn their backs on you,
                      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

steam does have an offline mode, but I dont think Ive ever used it. I'm fairly sure that you'd need to be online for the install, and possible the first running of the game.

Comment

cool TY
                          I will check it out.
                          You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                          So that when they turn their backs on you,
                          You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
                            steam does have an offline mode, but I dont think Ive ever used it. I'm fairly sure that you'd need to be online for the install, and possible the first running of the game.
                            Yes. You have to be online for the install, and the verification stuff. But after that you can run it in offline mode no problem. Same for all steam games ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

hey, anyone interested might want to hold off... the game has some design flaws... look on the steam forums for many threads detailing the games issues.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X