Alien Swarm Source Release on 7/19/10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Swarm Source Release on 7/19/10

This isn't exactly a first person shooter, but I couldn't find another suitable place to post this, so here it is :D The long awaited version of Alien Swarm for Valve's Source engine is being released on Steam for free on Monday 7/19/10.

News item:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4081/

Main Site:

www.alienswarm.com

Is anybody else interested in this?

Re: Alien Swarm Source Release on 7/19/10

I will be DL'ing as soon as I get off work today :)

Cant wait to try the COOP with a few TG'ers

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I will be downloading and giving it a shot, I like the style of the game.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Ill be dling it too, i've been waiting for this game for years.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Figured I would get one started.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tacticalgamerAS

Comment

Joined up today. Thanks for starting the group!

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
              Figured I would get one started.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tacticalgamerAS
              First :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm up for getting some Hard-mode games in.
                There's quite a tactical element to this game, especially in harder difficulties.

Make sure to check the mission briefing (you can get to it in the lobby, the button in the lower right) which will tell you certain things about the mission like that you need a tech who can open the doors, or that you'll be stationary for an extended period at some point in the level...

Also suggest that we actually make use of the "Officer" class and have that person actually lead the team, and have him decide the load out appropriately for the mission. He can also draw his plan out on the map for everyone to see, once you're in-game. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                  I'm up for getting some Hard-mode games in.
                  There's quite a tactical element to this game, especially in harder difficulties.

Make sure to check the mission briefing (you can get to it in the lobby, the button in the lower right) which will tell you certain things about the mission like that you need a tech who can open the doors, or that you'll be stationary for an extended period at some point in the level...

Also suggest that we actually make use of the "Officer" class and have that person actually lead the team, and have him decide the load out appropriately for the mission. He can also draw his plan out on the map for everyone to see, once you're in-game. :)
                  Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!! Tonight. Whos in?? Need three more people.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Such a great game... def. fun with TG'ers.

As an FYI, I found this thread in the general forum: Alien Swarm

Comment

this game is very fun! I will be playing it when i get a chance!

- -

Comment

This game is an awesome shooter that requires team play to succeed! Friendly Fire is always on so running around trying to dodge aliens can get you killed by your own people. The aliens also come from every direction so you have to have people guarding your back. Ammo is limited which really adds to the tension of the game.

Also, it is 100% free of charge on Steam. Just go to Steam, go to the Alien Swarm page in the Store section and download it! Happy hunting you guys!
                        sigpic

Comment

I have trouble keeping track of my cursor with all the effects and have lost interest due to other games, but it is quite entertaining and I had a blast playing the games that I did!
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X