Battlefield2 or Swat4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield2 or Swat4

Both games are a more realistic alternative to CS. Both games cost $49 and dont look to be going on sale any time soon.
    I cannot decide which one to buy so I thought the TG community might be able to help me.

I know a lot of TG members are playing these games and I would like some feedback on them. I also want to find out what the community interest in these games has been so far, how many players? Traffic on the TG servers? etc etc. I dont want to buy a game that I wont be able to find like-minded players to play with so this is very important to me.

Please help me, I am sitting on a fat $50 visa gift card and if I dont buy a game soon Im gonna blow it on other less enjoyable but possibly more important things, and what fun is that?

cheers and thanks

Re: Battlefield2 or Swat4

I would say swat 4 is more single-player-focused and battlefield 2 is more multi-player-focused.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
      I would say swat 4 is more single-player-focused and battlefield 2 is more multi-player-focused.
      Very much so.

Also, BF2 has swollen the ranks of paying and non-paying members here at TG. If you're looking for a game that you know is going to be supported for quite a while here, I'd go with BF2.

If you're willing to recruit and try to build a regular playerbase for SWAT4, it's a good game. I don't really care for the co-op nature of the multiplayer missions, but other than that, it's great. We've got maybe a dozen regular TG members that play SWAT4, but getting them all on the server at the same time wasn't easy. SWAT4 needs recruiting in order to keep it going here...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

SWAT 4 is a short game. There's not much to it. Once you do the coop and play all the missions you end up waiting for new missions by the community. The TvT isn't really that special. It's just running around and shooting each other with not much care to the objective. BF2 would be so much better, hands down.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          If you're willing to recruit and try to build a regular playerbase for SWAT4, it's a good game. I don't really care for the co-op nature of the multiplayer missions, but other than that, it's great. We've got maybe a dozen regular TG members that play SWAT4, but getting them all on the server at the same time wasn't easy. SWAT4 needs recruiting in order to keep it going here...
          As GO of SWAT4, that was the plan, to recuit in much the same way as Tempus has for BF2. If I roll into Sierra's forums, say, "Hey, come check out TG!" and they come to find an empty and passworded server, it just won't fly. We just don't have the traction with the game to recruit for it.

I don't see that changing in light of BF2. SWAT4 is a great co-op game, and a mediocre MP game, as noted. *shrugs*. Apophis and I have discussed moving the SWAT4 server to the CE server instead, to free up a live server slot.

Wouldn't be the first time that a game dies here. Joint Ops, Operation Flashpoint, and even Ghost Recon all have pretty much died here as the player base has moved on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X