Descent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descent

anyone play this back in the day? I almost failed out of school because of this friggin game... well, that and all the other stuff...

AHEM, ANYWAY!! I think there's a direct-X port of it floating around somewhere... might make for a fun night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-m1kr2n0js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKRlg0cCQKY
    Last edited by WhiskeySix; 08-24-2010, 02:44 PM.

Re: Descent

Gosh!!! I loved that game! I had that and the two versions that spawned after it!!! I would love to play it again

**** PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE 4TH SPECIAL OPERATIONS ****

Μολὼν λαβέ

**** PROUD to have been an Irregular**** ****PROUD to have been in the 11th AIR****

**** PROUD to have been in the 77th Headhunters****

sigpic

REAL pilots beat the air into submission!

Comment

Reminds me of the game Forsaken :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWb9_5N91OE

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Man does that take me back! I remember meeting up with friends on my local cyberspace BBS and playing multiplayer over the modem. Remember when you could play games over modem? lol
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

yeah that game rocked. It's to bad they never kept it going successfully.

- -

Comment

I have it for the Playstation, in one of those old cardboard-sided cases they had before jewelcases came into vogue. It's even better on that! It had a soundtrack from Type O Negative, etc.

They've labled this wrong but, here's the music for that.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Yeah, the playstation version had hardware ambient/atmospheric lighting and stuff, that the PC version didn't. Also soundtracks by Skinny Puppy too.

The multiplayer wasn't quite so good, as it was still in the early days of the system. Basically, to play multiplayer, you needed to hook a parallel port cable to 2 playstations, with seperate TVs and discs as well. Each system playing their own game.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=1407

Comment

Originally posted by Ghdeter View Post
                  woah!!! good stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                    Yeah, the playstation version had hardware ambient/atmospheric lighting and stuff, that the PC version didn't. Also soundtracks by Skinny Puppy too.

The multiplayer wasn't quite so good, as it was still in the early days of the system. Basically, to play multiplayer, you needed to hook a parallel port cable to 2 playstations, with seperate TVs and discs as well. Each system playing their own game.
                    Probably my favorite part of the PSX version was the FMV of your ship escaping the self-destruct sequence through the tunnels. Way better than the in-game version on the PC. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X