Ressurection of RO/DH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ressurection of RO/DH

So, recently, a sizable group of players bought RO (along with DH). So much so that we even got our own dedicated server! After playing several rounds tonight, it became clear that actually filling the server is a difficult feat. Though I'm sure we could increase its popularity simply by playing on it regularly.

Anyway, the real reason I decided to make this thread was to elevate our level of gameplay. This nights gameplay included teamwork but mostly consisted of run'n'gun. Due to RO's lack of positional voip or a squa structure, more complicated gameplay is hard to achieve. However, we do have the DH TS channel with which we can create sub-channels. I'd love to get maybe 2 small groups (of maybe 4 men) supporting eachother. The current bot system would be a great training platform. After, we could apply this type of gameplay to a more populated server (29th ID would be my suggestion).

In any case, I've been playing RO/DH for a long time and a sizable group of dedicated TG players would just be awesome.

Re: Ressurection of RO/DH

RO does have positional VOIP. Go to your key settings and there are selections to switch channels between "Public" (allchat), team, and "local" (localized VOIP). The problem being talking in local chat means your enemies can also hear you.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
      RO does have positional VOIP. Go to your key settings and there are selections to switch channels between "Public" (allchat), team, and "local" (localized VOIP). The problem being talking in local chat means your enemies can also hear you.
      Positional as in, if I am to your left and say something, you hear it to your left.

Googol, I am 100% on board. I have the dedicated up and running 24/7 and I am constantly adding new maps (Arnhem was put on last night ;) ). If you guys think of anything gameplay wise, map wise, anything let me or Socomseal93 know. We will get it set up. I have looked at some of the friendly fire options, and others so we can tweak it to fit our play style.

I have also spoken with asch about the possibilty of bringing the old forums back from the dead. There is alot of good stuff in there as far as tactics and teamwork.

With the TS stuff, let me know a system that will work. If we need subchannels more channels etc, and I will work on getting those set up. Also, spread the word around. Alot of people here used to play, so if we point them to the new server they might start showing up again. ;)

Hit me up here, or shoot me a PM with anything and everything RO/DH related. I'm here for you guys.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TG-RO

Comment

Nice. Lets gets some good games going! :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Exciting to hear about the resurrection. Count me in. Although, I just bought StarCraft2 yesterday, so my gaming time will be a little divided.
            |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

Count me in.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse